4.7.2 update broke test site

Go to solution Solved by Randy Calvert,

Hi there,

I did update my test site to 4.7.2 but it seems i have a problem with the scanner .php :

.fpm/php5.external" stderr: PHP message: PHP Fatal error:  Maximum execution time of 300 seconds exceeded in /forums/system/Application/Scanner.php on line 1260, referer https://dev.plongeur.com/forums/

It actually prevents me from login in either the front or the admincp.

I tried setting the time limit to 1h but it does the same.

I tried dowloading the files and reuploding them manually but it does not solve the issues.

I am thinking about starting back with a copy of my prod and trying to upgrade again but i am affraid it may end the same way.

I managed to login yesterday once and today once but only after a lot of tries et really without knowing what made it possible.... both times the php8 compatibility was stucked loading :

Could contain: Page, Text

I really don't know what to do here. of course i won't upgrade my prod site...

4 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

Have you tried increasing the maximum execution time there?

23 minutes ago, jesuralem said:

I tried setting the time limit to 1h but it does the same.

To be fair it is not exactly the same but it ends up in an error500 after almost an hour.

I did manage to open the site and it looks to be only broken for admins, normal users can browse, post and create topics.

On 10/6/2022 at 9:53 AM, Randy Calvert said:

This can happen if you have one plugin with a ton of libraries as well. For example, I was able to ALWAYS duplicate this happening when the AWS SES plugin is installed. 

This was noted by devs in my reported case and the team was looking to improve this in a later release. 

OK this has to be the problem, know what can i do about it ? should it uninstall the plugin and reinstall it after the upgrade ? This plugin is great and i don't really want to get rid of it.

Is there any way i could gain access to my adminCP ?

I added connection info for my test site on the note part of my connection info, i can't access adminCP so no adminCP credentials for the moment 🙂

Just now, Marc Stridgen said:

Just noted here, have you checked to see what version of PHP you are on. I noted this in the original message "php5.external"

i'm on 7.4, my server is managed so i don"t know every bits and pieces but i guess they just use an old file name for the config.

Looks like we are gonna need to work together with Invision to fix this issue. Pretty sure the PHP 8 scanner is causing the issue. It’s unreasonable to not allow 3rd party applications to not include dependencies. With that being said, IPS dev team, how can we make sure the compatibility scanner avoids the vendor folder?

23 minutes ago, Randy Calvert said:

By the way...  did you update your SES application to 1.0.15?  There were some issues with PHP8 compatibility that were fixed in the recently released version.  

I am on php 7.4 for now, the reason for installing 4.7.2 was actually to start testing the upgrade to php 8.0 or 8.1 depending...