Search field is defaulted to 'Pages' due to Homepage

I can't find where to change the default option for the Search bar on my homepage to 'Everywhere'.

As we can all make a 'Pages' our Homepage which i think many people have, it then seems to default to 'Pages' as a search field which makes no sense for a homepage to have.

Can anyone help me please find the setting?

Thanks in advance

Just now, Marc Stridgen said:

As mentioned above, there is no way in which to change that to the default option without modification. The search bar defaults to the context of the page. For example, you are in a topic, so it will default to "This topic"

Will it be considered in a future release to add to core? Makes sense for just the Homepage of everyone's websites I would believe?

3 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

You would need to post this as a suggestion within our suggestions area if you wish to see this appear in a future release

I assumed that but as you can appreciate, my thought process is it doesn't feel like this will help get this into core.

If it receives likes or comments does this help? Just don't also want to clog up Feature Suggestions when this seems a common sense and small bit of code to add, as Adriano has created very quickly (and for free!) 🙂

Happy to follow what you think is best, Marc.

13 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

I assumed that but as you can appreciate, my thought process is it doesn't feel like this will help get this into core.

If it receives likes or comments does this help? Just don't also want to clog up Feature Suggestions when this seems a common sense and small bit of code to add, as Adriano has created very quickly (and for free!) 🙂

Happy to follow what you think is best, Marc.

Commenting certainly lets us know you are interested. 🙂