imgur video embed

David N.

• 1 year later...

Good find. Most of the CK-editor third-party plugins don't work in IPS due to IPS crippling the editor. Whenever testing if a third-party Ck-editor plugin will work in IPS, always use a test site as sometimes the plugin will crash the editor, and then you will have to manually add back all your editor's custom buttons. 

2 hours ago, beats23 said:

Good find. Most of the CK-editor third-party plugins don't work in IPS due to IPS crippling the editor. Whenever testing if a third-party Ck-editor plugin will work in IPS, always use a test site as sometimes the plugin will crash the editor, and then you will have to manually add back all your editor's custom buttons. 

We use the exact same editor you can download from CKEditor.com, we do not make any changes to it.

3 hours ago, beats23 said:

It's worth noting that the plugins from CKEditor need to be compatible the version in use. This is presented when uploading the editor plugin.

21 minutes ago, Stuart Silvester said:

We use the exact same editor you can download from CKEditor.com, we do not make any changes to it.

When was this changed?

In the past, in 2019, when I was testing, I could not install the CK-editor table creation plugin, and many of the ck-editor third-party plugins would not work and crashed the IPS editor. I read on here that it was due to you using a custom-edited version of the CK editor for the suite.

19 hours ago, beats23 said:

When was this changed?

In the past, in 2019, when I was testing, I could not install the CK-editor table creation plugin, and many of the ck-editor third-party plugins would not work and crashed the IPS editor. I read on here that it was due to you using a custom-edited version of the CK editor for the suite.

It hasn't changed in v4. That being said, some CKEditor plugins do have dependencies (they require other plugins to be installed too).

IP.Board 3 used a modified CKEditor, so that may be what that comment was related to.