Bug: Reason for hiding topic note for moderators not shown inline

Redmak
Go to solution Solved by Jim M,

Initially I thought that this was a bug when hiding, unhiding and hiding again, but it appears that the staff note for hiding a topic are not shown on the first post like how edit notes are.

Could contain: File, Text, Monitor, Electronics, Screen, Display, Webpage

The white text is what could be displayed to moderators.

Right now the only option to find why a topic was hidden is hovering over the eye icon

Could contain: Text

I forgot to add that these actions are also not added to the moderation logs, so that would be missing too.

On 9/5/2022 at 11:33 AM, Marc Stridgen said:

Please check this on a default unaltered theme with all 3rd party items disabled. Both of those things happen on the default platform already.

It's the same on the IPB default theme. The only messages that are shown after hiding a topic are replies to topics.

Hope these help

Hide topic (no replies)Could contain: Text, Page, File, Document, Webpage

Hide reply (reason shown)

Could contain: File, Document, Text, Webpage, Page

Hide topic with replies (only the previously hidden reply reason is shown inline).

Could contain: Text, Person, Human, File, Page, Document, Webpage

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 9/30/2022 at 10:19 AM, Marc Stridgen said:

This has been taken a look at by our developers, and confirmed as working as intended. These are 2 different items there. One is the hiding of topics and the other hiding of individual posts.

Can you let me know what magic you use to display the reason on Mobile, or why the action isn't logged in Moderator history please?

Could contain: Text, File, Page

Could contain: Text, Page

2 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

Could you let me know if this was done on the latest release of the platform. While I cannot see the reason (its not show on mobile at present), it is logged in moderation history.

We're on Invision Community v4.7.3

Yes it was always hidden and moderators have complained about it.. And then I had the time to report and follow up on it.

Normally I will just hack it in myself, but this seems like more of a bug and an overlooked thing that should be present to assist moderation.