Upgrade Stalled Out

Please go to the Client Area and download a fresh set of files then extract these to your local computer. Once done, upload these to your server, overwriting what is there.

Unfortunately, that file is either modified, out of date, or inaccessible by PHP. If the permissions are good on the file per your server's configuration, you will need to ensure it is not modified or out of date. I'm afraid, there is no other way to get around this safely.

You would only need to do Db.php . Please ensure it is in the correct directory, however 🙂 .

If you continue to have issue, please update the access details on file in the Client Area:

We would need to look further into this for you, however the access details on file appear to be incorrect or missing. Could you please update these details by visiting your client area, selecting the relevant purchase, then clicking "Review/Update Access Information" under the "Stored Access Information" section. 

We look forward to further assisting you. 

You won't be able to see the file owner when using cPanel's file manager.

The easiest way to see the file owner is to use an FTP client such as Filezilla (it's free) and view the directory listing where that file is located. 

Could contain: Text

The two values I obfuscated in red (since it's my install) are the Owner/Group.

Make sure all files in that folder have the same owner and permissions.

It's also possible your server is blocking that file for some reason, and if the file is there but set to 0000 permissions for example, you would have to talk to your Host.

I am only seeing select files have been uploaded to your server from 4.7. Please go to the Client Area and download a full set of files then extract these to your local computer and upload the contents of the "ips_****" folder to your server, overwriting what is there. Once that is done, please go to /admin/upgrade and try the upgrader again.

You will need to contact your hosting company for assistance on this one. We are not seeing the file for some reason, which is why you are getting that message coming up. I suspect this may be something like opcache that is running, but your hosting company should be able to confirm

7 minutes ago, GreatAdventureHistory said:

This is what their tech support said:

" I have checked and see that the error 403 is due to this path Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '?' in /home/gah537/public_html/GreatAdventureHistory/Forums/system/Db/Db.php on line 120 you will have to review the file with the developer."

I’m a little confused by their statement here. A 403 error shouldn’t be caused by this. 403 would mean there is a permission error on the server and thus cannot access the file and therefore run. Could you please have them clarify?

Also to further build on what Jim is saying...  

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTTP/Status/403

A 403 code means the request was forbidden by the server.  It does not trigger during code level execution.  It's blocked on inbound access.  (Meaning someone typed in www.yourdomain.com/some/file.php and the server blocked access to it for some reason such as mod_security or another firewall denying the request.  

Also as an aside... the line of code he's referencing (#120 of Db.php) is the same code that has been used before the upgrade.  It's what tells PHP how to connect to mySQL.  

If it really was problematic, it would mean the board never worked even before attempting to upgrade and you could have never logged into the ACP in the first place.  

So that sounds to me like a BS answer from the provider that either does not know what they're saying or is just not wanting to look into it.  Either way, it's not a correct answer from them.  

So, they "investigated" again and now we're getting this error message:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ':', expecting ';' or '{' in /home/gah537/public_html/GreatAdventureHistory/Forums/init.php on line 957

They say they had nothing to do with this issue now:
I would like to inform you that we do not have n access to your file and content to make any changes as the system won't allow as due to security reasons. However, I can see that there are no issues with the server. The Syntax error is coding/scripting I request you to please check with your website developer on this to get this fixed., I hope you understand my limitations.

5 minutes ago, GreatAdventureHistory said:

So the version is re-set to 7.4 (like it had been before the GoDaddy Tech Support did something to it), and we're right back where we started with the same error of the Db.php file:

Could contain: File, Text, Word, Webpage, Menu

Unfortunately, you would need to go back to their support as they did not resolve the problem which is at hand here.