One specific topic no longer embeds when pasting the link (others do)

Could you please provide the link in question here? We can then examine to see if this is a parsing error or maybe something wrong with the link itself.

If it is the latter of the two scenarios above, we will be asking how you obtained the URL so if you want to provide that upfront as well, that would help us out track this down 🙂 . Thanks!

7 minutes ago, opentype said:

It means you are posting a rich text snipped, not an URL. 

I would suggest to use this setting (Editor settings)Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Text:

As mentioned above, there may be some rich text around what you are pasting so the parser is not interpreting it as an URL. Setting the editor to paste as plain text will resolve this particular issue or ensuring that you are pasting your URL in plain text when doing this. (Generally, on Windows this is ctrl+shift+v or some browsers like Chrome give you the option when right clicking)

Quick question related to this thread if I may....do links embed as part of the core now?

Just wanted to check to understand if this makes this plugin I'm using no longer required? Obviously i'd rather switch off if it means I don't need it to have it anymore.