Jump to content

Unable to Edit Images in Editor


Go to solution Solved by Jim M,

Recommended Posts

I find myself unable to edit images in the editor of my site.  It uploads without issue and all other features seem to be working, however, when I double click on the image it just sends me to the image itself and not the edit box. 

  • It is reproducible on all themes, including the default.
  • Seems to be affected everywhere on the site
  • I can see a quick "There is was a problem" popup right before it sends me to direct image, but I don't see a code (although it is very fast).
  • Same issue in Firefox and Chrome.

I have noticed that my "copy to database" popup box is no longer a popup and takes me to a new page to select the database and category, so not sure if that is related.

Only have two marketplace items and it continues as an issue if they are disabled (SuperGrid and Chatbox).

Affected Site: https://www.uncrownedgaming.com/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

Please update your browser and then clear cache. There was apparently a browser update that went out that broke popup menus on quite a few sites. It sounds like you are experiencing the same issue there

Both browsers are up-to-date and cleared (including the sites, caches), problem remains.  Also adding in Microsoft Edge for the same issue and even exists on Chrome on Chrome OS

Also I have noticed that opening the popup for signing in, now also takes you to a new page and not the drop down box.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Marc Stridgen said:

Are you running google tag manager? 

Not the Tag Manager.

Here is what I have for integrations:

  • GeoIP Service
  • Spam Defense
  • Google Maps
  • Zapier
  • SendGrid
  • Google Analytics
  • IndexNow
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Solution

Google Analytics would use Google Tag Manager these days to insert the tracking script. Please ensure that is accurate.

Please also trying to disable your advertisements as I am seeing numerous Javascript errors coming from them

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Jim M said:

Google Analytics would use Google Tag Manager these days to insert the tracking script. Please ensure that is accurate.

Please also trying to disable your advertisements as I am seeing numerous Javascript errors coming from them

Tag manager is activated.

Advertisments are disabled.

Problem is still persisting.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jim M said:

Is the tracking script accurate? 

Okay, it appears I never added a tag for analytics into my tag manager account.  Which doing so seems to have corrected the issues I have been having.  Popups and drop-downs are working for me on all my browsers at this time.

1 hour ago, Jim M said:

Google Analytics would use Google Tag Manager these days to insert the tracking script. Please ensure that is accurate.

Please also trying to disable your advertisements as I am seeing numerous Javascript errors coming from them

Can we back track to this issue quick?  I can not see the errors myself and while the ads appear to run fine, it would be nice to get any issues fixed.  I just use the given adsense code directly in the advertisements built into Invision.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, UncrownedGuard said:

Can we back track to this issue quick?  I can not see the errors myself and while the ads appear to run fine, it would be nice to get any issues fixed.  I just use the given adsense code directly in the advertisements built into Invision.

Javascript errors would be seen using the browser console (F12 on most browsers). You would need to work with your advertisement provider to ensure you implement the script correctly.

Our software would merely only output what you provide it so, I'm afraid, this would be outside our scope of support when there's an issue with the advertisement script.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Jim M said:

Javascript errors would be seen using the browser console (F12 on most browsers). You would need to work with your advertisement provider to ensure you implement the script correctly.

Our software would merely only output what you provide it so, I'm afraid, this would be outside our scope of support when there's an issue with the advertisement script.

Ok, I will look into them.  Otherwise the core problem seems to have been solved 👍

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...