Setting up a new page in Pages

Go to solution Solved by opentype,

Hi

I'm currently trying to "port" a PHP application I'm using in our forum to a regular Pages page. I'm creating several fields, and one I'm looking at now is a field for "database relationship". So I'm linking this database to a similar one. I'm getting the data as link to the other database. Is it possible to instead get the record image and display the link on that. Maybe there are something that can be done in the custom display view format? Or maybe in the page record template itself? If it is sort of an object, maybe I can get the image from that? 

Thanks!

• Solution

Outgoing database links come from a theme template called “basicRelationship”. Incoming links are defined in the display template assign to the database. So, that would be the most straightforward way to change the comma-separated lists to something else. 

Of course you can also do it all manually and load the records that are saved in the database relationship field—provided you are building a custom template that is not meant for multiple databases. 

1 hour ago, opentype said:

Outgoing database links come from a theme template called “basicRelationship”. Incoming links are defined in the display template assign to the database. So, that would be the most straightforward way to change the comma-separated lists to something else. 

basicRelationship is not something I see in the templates I have. Is it something that I need to create somehow?