forumsTopicPost_delete webhook isn't getting triggered

Go to solution Solved by Marc Stridgen,

Hi,

I created 2 webhooks, one for "forumsTopicPost_create" and one for "forumsTopicPost_delete", both pointing to my script that simply logs the request.

When I reply to a topic - I can see that the "forumsTopicPost_create" webhook is indeed being triggered, with all the IPS\forums\Topic\Post object data.
However, when I delete this comment (not hide, full delete) - the "forumsTopicPost_delete" is NOT triggered.

I tested this quite a few times, and waited long enough... it's not triggering.

Any ideas?

1 minute ago, Omri Amos said:

I tested this quite a few times, and waited long enough... it's not triggering.

Could you please clarify how long you waited? These webhooks do not fire immediately and are done based off of background tasks. If you run your background tasks based off of traffic on your community and there is no one viewing your community at the time, it will fire on the next time the task is ran.

Thanks for the quick reply!
I waited about 5 minutes... the forumsTopicPost_create webhook is usually fired within a few seconds (I have a decently busy site).

I created a new test post when I started writing this message - and as I'm typing this the forumsTopicPost_create webhook got triggered - after 10-20 seconds 🙂
I have now deleted this post, and started a stopwatch... I will submit this reply in 10 minutes.

and.... 10 minutes passed - still no forumsTopicPost_delete triggered.

So to answer your questions - over 10 minutes.. while the forumsTopicPost_create webhook gets triggered within seconds.

Edited by Omri Amos

We would need to look further into this for you, however the access details on file appear to be incorrect or missing. Could you please update these details by visiting your client area, selecting the relevant purchase, then clicking "Review/Update Access Information" under the "Stored Access Information" section. 

We look forward to further assisting you. 

oh, I actually had no idea "delayed deletes" is a thing!
I see now that I have a lot of deleted posts from the last month that I can recover - including all my test posts as well, obviously.

So this must be it.
(even though this should be addressed in some way.. as the post is indeed deleted as far as the user knows..)

I looked around the adminCP settings and changed "Permanently delete content" to "Immediately", and then tested the webhooks again, hoping this time it would work: but it didn't...

Now I don't see an option to recover my deleted post (note: it was a post (reply) and not an entire topic), but still no forumsTopicPost_delete webhook got trigger...

I updated the Admin CP Access on my account.

10 hours ago, Omri Amos said:

Now I don't see an option to recover my deleted post (note: it was a post (reply) and not an entire topic), but still no forumsTopicPost_delete webhook got trigger...

Did you get any notifications in the meanwhile?

The content is still flagged for deletion and it's being deleted by a background task which runs daily. If you didn't get anything yet, I would suggest to wait for 12h before we continue to investigate this further. 

I'm not sure why do you believe it will trigger after 12 hours, when my new-post triggered within a few seconds... this doesn't make sense and is obviously not normal even if in some miracle it will suddenly work after 12 hours... 🤷‍♂️

I disabled the delayed deletes - my deleted post is permanently deleted, but the hook didn't get triggered.
I'm not sure what else to say, I'm pretty sure there's something wrong with this specific hook 🤷‍♂️

52 minutes ago, Omri Amos said:

I'm not sure why do you believe it will trigger after 12 hours, when my new-post triggered within a few seconds

Because of:

The content is still flagged for deletion and it's being deleted by a background task which runs daily

Even if you change the setting, the previously soft deleted content is still there and will be removed with the task.

2 hours ago, Daniel F said:

Even if you change the setting, the previously soft deleted content is still there and will be removed with the task.

yeah, all the old tests.. but I did new tests after I changed the settings..

1 hour ago, Daniel F said:

apologies, I just tested it local and was able to reproduce what you're seeing. We're going to fix this for an upcoming release.

Great! 
Thank you

• 4 weeks later...