4.6.10 Gives Blank White Screen

SMen
Go to solution Solved by Jim M,

Hello,

I always update DEV site first before moving on to production.  The Beta 2 update, when finished left all browsing on my site, public and private, displaying only blank white pages.  I restored the site by reloading the current production release.  (Of course, I had file mismatch errors, but everything was functioning normal.)  Today, I upgraded site to 4.6.10 release.  Same issue.  The previous production release is unavailable, and I did not save it.

May I please get some guidance on how to handle this?  

Thank you 

Just now, Jim M said:

You can try to utilize the Recovery Mode to get into the ACP and disable it.

Okay, more info please??

2 minutes ago, Ocean West said:

scroll to the area of Recovery Mode you can add that to your constants.php

Thank you, I will try that.

This happened to me as well, when trying to update directly from my AdminCP. My PHP error logs told me the IPS\Dispatcher class didn’t exist:

PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Class 'IPS\Dispatcher' not found in /<path>/init.php:900

I downloaded the update from my client area and uploaded them manually, which solved the issue. I guess something went wrong when downloading the files directly.

3 hours ago, SMen said:

Thanks all for the help.  I indeed had to disable some apps/plugins for things to work.  However, the patch IPS released fixed all that.  IPS issue, not 3rd party issue.

Well...  still a 3rd party issue, but able to be fixed by IPS!  They should technically not be calling the method that way even though it's "works".  😇

Edited by Randy Calvert