4.6.5.1 Release Anomolies

@Jordan InvisionI dropped by the Release Notes page and noted that the 4.6.5.1 version had been released today.  I went over to the client area and it shows that 4.6.5.1 was released yesterday.  I looked at the date of the install files in my archive folder and noted I had already downloaded 4.6.5.1 on 7/28/2021.

Why are you showing a new release date for a version you released two weeks ago? If you released an updated version why didn't you change the version number and alert the ACP that a new version is available to update to?

31 minutes ago, Matt said:

I released a patch today. You will be alerted inside your ACP

I've already applied the patch.  I imagine  what's included in the  patch as well as all of the other fixes that Jordan has mentioned since 4.6.5.1 was released will be rolled up into an upcoming release.  

With that said, I'm unsure why the Release Note and Client Downloads show 4.5.6.1 is a new release when it isn't.  When the version number reaches 4 digits and 3 decimal points  it's hard to visually know that you have released a new version so I imagine others besides myself eyeball the release date in the Release Notes or the Client Area.  

Edited by Chris Anderson

It's important to note that whilst we have released a patch, it is not a new 'version' in the general sense. It is a patch for the currently released version. Patches include fixes or changes that we want to make available before the next release, they're generally small in size and targeted at specific fixes.

Anything we have patched will be included in the next release too.