Anyway to allow Members to be Able to Delete their own Posts

• 2 years later...

Thanks for the reply, @Miss_B, but WOW! This software does not allow for members to delete their own posts!? I had mistakenly enabled the option suggested further up. Obviously, that's not appropriate for most situations. So, members can delete whole threads to which other members have contributed, but cannot delete individual posts. That's bizarre.

I'd appreciate this being confirmed by a member of the IPS team.

Thanks.

Just now, Nathan Explosion said:

Nope - it's a user group level control, not a moderator restriction control.

It is listed as a moderation action when enabled. And, in my opinion, being able to delete the posts of other members is a moderation control. Irrespective, surely there should be the option to allow members to delete their own posts without also allowing them to delete the posts of other members. Yes?

Just now, Marc Stridgen said:

In any group there is "Can delete own content"

Yes. But it allows the member to delete the whole thread.

4 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

Yes, thats correct. They either can or cannot delete their own content. That includes their own topic (regardless of who has responded to them)

Does any other forum software interpret 'own content' to include the content of other contributors? Irrespective, surely some granular control is required here?

52 minutes ago, Como said:

Does any other forum software interpret 'own content' to include the content of other contributors? Irrespective, surely some granular control is required here?

Please feel free to post up this as a suggestion within our feedback area. I understand this does not work in the manner you wish for it to work.