Before I enable achievements, is everyone a newb/start at 0?

Redmak

We don't even have achievements enabled yet but the member titles of those who never edited them have all changed to "Newbie" which isn't great, but now I am wondering if when I enable them, everyone is started at zero, or are rules from previous contributions (now achievements) applied to the member accounts?

For example there are rules for every 10th follower of an account, we have accounts with tens of followers, will that achievement get immediately applied then? And we have accounts with more than 500 posts, so does that achievement get applied too?

I want to be sure what starting platform we have here, because although there is a ACP page that shows how many members have achieved whatever I think it only shows the other achievements  when it is enabled because right now I have almost 400,000 "newbies" which is obviously not correct

SNAG-0002.png.3b12ecefdf360e49eabc9efe47d36979.png

Edited by Redmak

31 minutes ago, jesuralem said:

i don't know how many posts you have on your forum but i have "only" 85 000 members and the rebuild is going to take 3 days. I hope you are not in a rush 🙂

I'm not in a rush, but does that suggest that this 41% is only a part of the overall process then?

SNAG-0006.thumb.png.9f803b19fbb00a4bfcf39037c88b4555.png

We have 388,849 members and the rebuild started around an hour and a half ago.

Edited by Redmak

2 minutes ago, Redmak said:

I'm not in a rush, but does that suggest that this 41% is only a part of the overall process then?

SNAG-0006.thumb.png.9f803b19fbb00a4bfcf39037c88b4555.png

We have 388,849 members and the rebuild started around an hour and a half ago.

Cue people asking why your rebuild is going so quickly 😄

Likely, and easy, answer - neowin.net is running on a proper beefy server setup.

Will be interesting to see how long this one takes to complete, so pop a message in when done,

25 minutes ago, Nathan Explosion said:

Cue people asking why your rebuild is going so quickly 😄

Likely, and easy, answer - neowin.net is running on a proper beefy server setup.

Will be interesting to see how long this one takes to complete, so pop a message in when done,

My server has 12 cores and 32GB of ram, although abviously maybe apache and php configs may not be optimal.

@redmak, would you share your settings and/or your host provider ? 🙂