Advanced Fake Members Online System

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I almost rated this app 1-star because it doesn't work. Then here I found a support page for it, so I hope to get support before giving a review.

Here is my problem:

This app doesn't work on the latest IPS as of August 7, 2021. Every time I added a fake member, my site won't work, and server CPU usage skyrocket to max. There must be an error or a loop in the code that causes this. I can't believe it's currently available for download on the latest version if it doesn't work. At first I thought there was an attack to my site, luckily the time expired for the fake online member, and my site is back online, then I added a fake member again (didn't know that was the cause of high CPU usage), then the problem goes back again. No one can enter my site. Luckily I was still one browser tab where I can delete the fake member on, I just clicked on it, and keeps loading, but it went thru, the fake member has been deleted, and my site goes back online.

31 minutes ago, Cach Doan said:

I almost rated this app 1-star because it doesn't work. Then here I found a support page for it, so I hope to get support before giving a review.

Here is my problem:

This app doesn't work on the latest IPS as of August 7, 2021. Every time I added a fake member, my site won't work, and server CPU usage skyrocket to max. There must be an error or a loop in the code that causes this. I can't believe it's currently available for download on the latest version if it doesn't work. At first I thought there was an attack to my site, luckily the time expired for the fake online member, and my site is back online, then I added a fake member again (didn't know that was the cause of high CPU usage), then the problem goes back again. No one can enter my site. Luckily I was still one browser tab where I can delete the fake member on, I just clicked on it, and keeps loading, but it went thru, the fake member has been deleted, and my site goes back online.

Hello,

The app is compatible with the latest version of 4.6 series. There is nothing in the code that strains the server to the point of not loading. That being said, can you give me access to your forum admin panel and ftp as well, and I will look into it. 

18 hours ago, Miss_B said:

Hello,

The app is compatible with the latest version of 4.6 series. There is nothing in the code that strains the server to the point of not loading. That being said, can you give me access to your forum admin panel and ftp as well, and I will look into it. 

I will PM you the info.

Update: @Miss_B and I were trying to figure the issue and found this app is conflicting with other plugins on my site. And that's the reason we can't use it for now.

The plugin called "Total Time Spent Online" by @Adriano Faria is conflicting with @Miss_B's "Advanced Fake Members Online System" app.

Advance Fake Members works fine with the latest Invision Power Board as of August 8, 2021. But beware that it won't work if you have any other plugins on your site that is related to online members (extensions)

I am hoping there is a fix for this in the future. I am not sure who's app or plugin is gonna be fixed but these two things are clearly conflicting each other. For now, I am not using either app.

• 1 month later...

Hi, there is a small issue with the block. If user belongs to the user group that is forced to log in anonymously, then he is logged not anonymously via your plugin. It would be perfect if the app could consider the settings of the user group. Thanks!

Edited by Sonya*
3 minutes ago, Troy Shaffer said:

Hi Miss B,

I just purchased your AFMOS App - it seems like a smart way to create initial user engagement / get things started, etc.

To use your app, do I create a members through the normal IPB process, and then add these members to your app? Or does it work some other way?

Thanks in advance.

To add fake members online, you must go to the Add section of the app and you can add a member online from there by selecting said member and the session duration. 

1 hour ago, Sonya* said:

Hi, there is a small issue with the block. If user belongs to the user group that is forced to log in anonymously, then he is logged not anonymously via your plugin. It would be perfect if the app could consider the settings of the user group. Thanks!

I will look into this soon and get back to you.  

Nowadays it's not only about forums anymore.

On the site I used this addon I just removed the forum and replaced it with a database for the topics.

For example I also have two other licenses with Core and Gallery only, one with Core and Pages and from at least one other license I am going to remove the forum application before I have to renew it too.

What I mean is there are surely other clients around here too that don't use forums at all and focus on Pages, Downloads or Commerce only.

Would be great if the addon could show fake users all around the installed community parts :smile:

1 hour ago, Darth Vortex said:

Nowadays it's not only about forums anymore.

On the site I used this addon I just removed the forum and replaced it with a database for the topics.

For example I also have two other licenses with Core and Gallery only, one with Core and Pages and from at least one other license I am going to remove the forum application before I have to renew it too.

What I mean is there are surely other clients around here too that don't use forums at all and focus on Pages, Downloads or Commerce only.

Would be great if the addon could show fake users all around the installed community parts :smile:

Do those apps have their online system? A.f.a.i.k. they do not.

Edited by Miss_B
On 9/19/2021 at 9:13 PM, Miss_B said:

Do those apps have their online system? A.f.a.i.k. they do not.

There is no online system per app. There is a list of online users https://invisioncommunity.com/online/ You wrote "fake members will appear to read random topics". If Forums is not installed, there cannot be any random topics. I assume that your app assumes Forum exists and enabled. You can add a check: 

if (!array_key_exists('forums', \IPS\Application::applications() or !\IPS\Application::applications()['forums']->enabled)) {
            \\ do not pick anything to read or check other apps to pick random items (like articles or products)
        }
  • 4 months later...

@Miss_B - Just purchased this plugin! Thank you.

I realized you need to add each member manually.. Is it possible to add a setting that would allow to add all members or selected user classes and add a setting to show how many to show online at once? Then the app can randomly pick 'x' members from all members and show them online?

Thank you!

32 minutes ago, James101 said:

I realized you need to add each member manually.. Is it possible to add a setting that would allow to add all members or selected user classes and add a setting to show how many to show online at once? Then the app can randomly pick 'x' members from all members and show them online?

Thank you!

Yes, it is possible, but I am not planning on upgrading this app any further.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/24/2022 at 7:07 PM, James101 said:

Thank you!

this could be very useful. since trafic generator is outdated, this is our last hope. 

@Miss_B