Please confirm your email

Hello, how can i add some text on Please confirm your email page?

Thanks to my amazing host, now my IP is blacklisted (UCEPROTECTL3) and number of

Member has not yet responded to registration validation email. increased a lot.

I must somehow tell them to check spam folder.

I am sincerely sorry to hear you are experiencing this. Having experienced this myself once in the past, may I be so humble about providing you working solution? Redirecting your members to a page to inform them they should check their spam folder, if I may say, will not make your problem go away.  If anything, not addressing the root problem is likely to get your domain name blacklisted everywhere, and at such a point, no one will receive your e-mails, not even in the spam folder.

You will want to change your site's IP address for starters.  Since you have identified this as a web hosting issue, I would suggest changing the web host (which will naturally change your IP).  But before you do that, you will wish to select an e-mail provider. This will help prevent disassociating your e-mails with your domain and IP address.  I would personally recommend Mandrill (which is part of Mailchimp). The first several thousand e-mails each month are free. Once (after) you have set up your e-mail, I would humbly suggest you switch web host.

edit:

A quick follow-up, since it slipt my mind. Sorry.  Be sure your e-mails are providing a method to unsubscribe.  If you have edited the wording, you may wish to double-check that you have not omitted or made it hard to find the unsubscribe link.

Edited by Linux-Is-Best

19 minutes ago, Morrigan said:

@Jurgis You may want to check this out: https://mxtoolbox.com/

I know about mxtoolbox. I used it when i was setting up mail server, so everything is configured correctly.

And IP blacklisted in just 1 of 94, but it is enough for sent mail to land in Spam folder 😞

By the way, this is what my host answered:

Big mail providers (e.g. Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo) are not using the UCEPROTECT filters at all and e-mails to those providers are therefore not affected by this listing. Even smaller mail servers using the UCEPROTECT filters will most likely not include the Level 3 rules since UCEPROTECT themselves consider the Level 3 filter as too strict.

It can't be true, since i see effect of this UCEPROTECT. I did tests and my validation emails are landing in Spam folder (even on Gmail). Before everything was fine.

39 minutes ago, Jurgis said:

I know about mxtoolbox. I used it when i was setting up mail server, so everything is configured correctly.

And IP blacklisted in just 1 of 94, but it is enough for sent mail to land in Spam folder 😞

By the way, this is what my host answered:

Big mail providers (e.g. Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo) are not using the UCEPROTECT filters at all and e-mails to those providers are therefore not affected by this listing. Even smaller mail servers using the UCEPROTECT filters will most likely not include the Level 3 rules since UCEPROTECT themselves consider the Level 3 filter as too strict.

It can't be true, since i see effect of this UCEPROTECT. I did tests and my validation emails are landing in Spam folder (even on Gmail). Before everything was fine.

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing this. I can genuinely sympathize with how frustrating this can be.

Respectfully, it sounds as if your hosting provider is having issues. As you said it yourself, this problem was none existent before.   I would again suggest you first set up with an independent mail provider (there are plenty out there to choose from). After setting up your mailing provider, I recommend you further disassociate away from your hosting provider by switching web host.

As i understand invision community marketplace still has only one payment method (Paypal).

I am not using Paypal and Paypal forces me to create account (what is NOT acceptable for me), so i can't buy anything from this marketplace.

22 minutes ago, Jurgis said:

As i understand invision community marketplace still has only one payment method (Paypal).

I am not using Paypal and Paypal forces me to create account (what is NOT acceptable for me), so i can't buy anything from this marketplace.

Once upon a time, I too had an issue with Paypal mainly because someone else had made an account in my name and done horrible things. For this reason, I sincerely sympathize, and I am feeling charitable.  @Matt or @Lindy will note I have $100 in credit with Invision at the moment. Is it possible to gift @Jurgis here $35 so that he or she can overcome this? I believe that would be a cool feature to add to the 'Commerce' package (gifting credits) if it is not already a feature (I could not find that option if it is). 😀

EDIT:

Nevermind.  @Jurgis was not interested.  Oh well. Sorry to have troubled you by tagging you.

Edited by Linux-Is-Best

11 minutes ago, Linux-Is-Best said:

Once upon a time, I too had an issue with Paypal mainly because someone else had made an account in my name and done horrible things. For this reason, I sincerely sympathize, and I am feeling charitable.  @Matt or @Lindy will note I have $100 in credit with Invision at the moment. Is it possible to gift @Jurgis here $35 so that he or she can overcome this? I believe that would be a cool feature to add to the 'Commerce' package (gifting credits) if it is not already a feature (I could not find that option if it is). 😀

Thanks, but please don't. I will not accept.
Hopefully one day invision marketplace will start accept other payment methods (at least from long time customers).

2 minutes ago, Jurgis said:

Hopefully one day invision marketplace will start accept other payment methods (at least from long time customers).

Oh well. It is the thought that counts (or so I am told).  In any case, I just checked. You do not need a Paypal account to purchase credit here. You can buy credit here https://invisioncommunity.com/clientarea/credit/ and if I am not mistaken that credit will be used in the marketplace. No Paypal required.

4 hours ago, Jurgis said:

You can add funds Through the Client area using a credit card and Lindy or Charles would transfer the credit from the Client Area to the marketplace.

For anyone curious in the future.

On 4/2/2021 at 10:05 AM, Jurgis said:

Hello, how can i add some text on Please confirm your email page?

Thanks to my amazing host, now my IP is blacklisted (UCEPROTECTL3) and number of

Member has not yet responded to registration validation email. increased a lot.

My host is on the level 2 and 3 blacklist which caused emails not to deliver at all to aol, outlook and live email addresses.  Which is sad because I've done a lot of work to my mail server to avoid ending up in spam folders.  To fix the issue, I've begun using mailgun smtp to send my invision emails.   It's hopefully a bandaid for now. 

On 4/2/2021 at 3:05 PM, Jurgis said:

There is a language bit you can translate so you can tell them what you want. You can even use html tags to format it so that your message stands out.

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/7/2021 at 5:44 PM, CoffeeCake said:

Have you setup DKIM and SPF?

Yes, everything is setup correctly (SPF, DKIM and DMARC).

On mxtoolbox i can see that everything is perfect, except one problem in blacklists "UCEPROTECTL3", what is not my fault. 

On 4/7/2021 at 4:24 PM, rnorth6920 said:

My host is on the level 2 and 3 blacklist which caused emails not to deliver at all to aol, outlook and live email addresses.  Which is sad because I've done a lot of work to my mail server to avoid ending up in spam folders.  To fix the issue, I've begun using mailgun smtp to send my invision emails.   It's hopefully a bandaid for now. 

So it's around 1$ for 1K emails? Then just sending emails will cost me more then i am paying for VPN.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/3/2021 at 12:14 AM, Morrigan said:

You can add funds Through the Client area using a credit card and Lindy or Charles would transfer the credit from the Client Area to the marketplace.

For anyone curious in the future.

In marketplace i see "Account Credit". If i will add funds to Account Credit, then i can use this credit to buy from marketplace?

I don't see option to use account credit on checkout. This option will show up when enough money will be added in Account Credit?

Can someone explain?

And if i have money in "Account Credit", then this money will be used to renew IPS community suite?