Content is king.

There aren't really any magic tricks to getting higher Google rankings. You can use the meta tag tool to customize the title and description that is displayed on Google, which can definitely help drive engagement, but that's about it.

The site in your signature is already crawled and indexed by Google, which you can see by searching site:ggames.com.br

I have some checklists.

Technical:

• HTTPS - right from the start and redirect 301 for non-HTTPS
  • The domain should be either with WWW OR without WWW. But not both. Again redirect with 301.
  • Set up Friendly URLs
  • Translit plugin to replace ö, ä, ü (no idea if it helps for SEO, but I don't like special characters in URLs, especially if there are only special characters like Cyrillic 😃).
  • Connect Google Search Console to see what Google thinks about you
  • Load sitemap.php in Search Console, here I can see nicely if something is not running correctly, not indexed or whatever.
  • Change the title of the start page (no Home or Forums), but so that every user understands what it's all about.
  • If you have some important landing pages, then change title on them as well
  • A welcome block on the home page, short and to the point, what this is all about. (I've seen many forums where I have not understood what they are about).
  • NO huge header/image slider, so that every page looks the same and the content begins below the fold.

Content:

• Create articles in Pages (quality over quantity), you do not need 100 articles with 1 click a day. Write 5 with 20 clicks a day 😉
  • Fill out ALT tags for all images in the articles (double-click on the image, even if it's annoying, it helps)
  • Use H2-H5 tags in the articles via editor plugin, create TOC at the beginning if the article is too long
  • Link to trust sites, like Wikipedia, Unis, studies etc. This would give you more trust and Google like if you are trustworthy
  • Sign all articles with real names and put short BIO of the author if possible, photo is even nicer
  • If you enable Forum for articles, make sure that no duplicate content is created (article page itself plus forum topic that repeats the same thing again - this is IPS default and bad for SEO!). The best idea is not to show the forum to the guests, they can see the article and comments, there should be enough, forum only for members
  • for Google E-A-T: add an about-page in the footer of the project, where the project is described in more detail, best to mention names and achievements of the people involved.
  • See where you can place a link. Less is more. Better 2-3 trustworthy sites than 100 links from junk sites.
  • Watch the search terms in Search Console and Analytics. If a search term is on the second page of the search result, it is worth to write an article about it. In this case, Google already considers the project relevant for this search term. It needs just a little push.

Social Media:

• Create channels/pages in all relevant social media
  • Regularly promote new content (it can give additional links if people share it somewhere else)
Edited by Sonya*

42 minutes ago, 403 - Forbiddeen said:

Hello. I want to know what more i need to do to grow up my forum on google. Which page i can avoid index? Which plugin/addon i can help me with this? I've create custom title/description for all pages/forums.

And especially for the project in your signature, check your site speed. I do not know why, but it is very slow. This is killer for SEO. I am not an expert for loading though, try @Adlago 😃 

1 hour ago, Makoto said:

Content is king.

There aren't really any magic tricks to getting higher Google rankings. You can use the meta tag tool to customize the title and description that is displayed on Google, which can definitely help drive engagement, but that's about it.

The site in your signature is already crawled and indexed by Google, which you can see by searching site:ggames.com.br

Yes, follow the pages and google. I have a good index, but i want more.

image.thumb.png.8500f94f1e11b3030ed6480896c90be0.png

For example... i want to hide a no content pages... like member pages, this is a good idea?

About site speed... i own a dedicate but i have no idea how to speedbooster my server... how much memory, mysql speed, proccess... etc, can i setup to ips?

49 minutes ago, 403 - Forbiddeen said:

I own the articles addon, but i prefer to use BLOG to upload news. That have the same effect right?

I have no experience with Blog, but I guess it is the same. It is important to avoid using the forum to primarily post articles as there is just too many noise around the content in the template. User areas, answers, topic summaries and so on. I prefer a clean article template where I can control almost anything about HTML, meta tags, title, content structure and so on.

2 hours ago, Sonya* said:

I have no experience with Blog, but I guess it is the same. It is important to avoid using the forum to primarily post articles as there is just too many noise around the content in the template. User areas, answers, topic summaries and so on. I prefer a clean article template where I can control almost anything about HTML, meta tags, title, content structure and so on.

I own the pages too... but never work fine the articles for me. Maybe i edit the blog source to get a better results. About articles and content... normally i publish tutorial on tutorials system and uploads on Downlods addon.

1 hour ago, 403 - Forbiddeen said:

I own the pages too... but never work fine the articles for me. Maybe i edit the blog source to get a better results. About articles and content... normally i publish tutorial on tutorials system and uploads on Downlods addon.

This is also fine. The checklist above was general. You can also create tutorials with Pages. Admin blog, like this of IPS is made with Pages too. Every way to create useful content is good. Just avoid creating articles, news, tutorials and so on as forum posts. This is what ranks not so good because of the template "noise" and "false" markup.