[CJ] CJ Duplicate Member Logger (Support Topic)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/23/2020 at 8:11 AM, Tripp★ said:

I'm not sure what's going on but since updating to IPS 4.5.4.5 and updating this application to the latest version, it is no longer automatically sending out PMs to those that have duplicate accounts. 

Will this be addressed? We are experiencing the same thing.

The sorting on the table that appears in the ModCP and in ACP, is all sorts of jacked up. Nothing makes sense and going through pages of duplicates to find if a person is impossible at the number of entries we see. It appears to be sorting by Member ID rather than display name when sorting the member column.

It would be nice to expose the alts at the member profile level, in both ACP and front end site, so you could look from the person rather than seeing if they have a match in the table.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/2/2021 at 11:59 PM, virap said:

It appears that it also fails to ban the alt accounts. It merely alerts me that a duplicate was logged. Please advise.

It's true. It fails to ban the alt accounts and does not send pms to the main account.

In system logs, there are also errors like this:

ErrorException: Object of class IPS\Member could not be converted to string (4096)
#0 [internal function]: IPS\IPS::errorHandler(4096, 'Object of class...', '..', 288, Array)
#1 applications/cjdml/sources/Member/Member.php(288): str_replace(Array, Array, '...')

@CodingJungle When it will be fixed?

Edited by pijasz
On 12/31/2020 at 7:41 PM, Paul E. said:

The sorting on the table that appears in the ModCP and in ACP, is all sorts of jacked up. Nothing makes sense and going through pages of duplicates to find if a person is impossible at the number of entries we see. It appears to be sorting by Member ID rather than display name when sorting the member column.

It would be nice to expose the alts at the member profile level, in both ACP and front end site, so you could look from the person rather than seeing if they have a match in the table.

@CodingJungle, the ability to sort is still based on the member ID and not member display name with the latest release. Is this something you have on your radar to address?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Michael (codingjungle) has left the marketplace and has stopped selling on there, will only sell on his own forum.

Quote from his forum  https://codingjungle.com/

will no longer be selling or updating my apps on the IPS market, if you have a purchase there, let me know i will only be selling from my market here in the future. 

If you want to read why he has left then pop over to his forum at  https://codingjungle.com/

Also looks like he is down on his luck at the moment, wishing him a speedy recovery

Edited by bearback
6 minutes ago, Daniel F said:

Few days after this he submitted a support ticket and apologies for all this and asked to get the purchases enabled again

Thank you for the information, glad you posted. 😀

Its difficult to know if a developer is still supporting apps/plugins when you get no response for months on end. 

8 minutes ago, All Astronauts said:

CJ is alright now, even still likes cats! 🥰

Glad he is ok now 👍

• 3 weeks later...

Some time ago, I made the suggestion for this app to have an option to automatically change the user group of those with duplicate accounts. Right now, it either sends PMs or bans members (which is too harsh IMHO). However, the problem with just sending PMs is that on a big site then you have to go chasing the conversations, many members just ignore them, etc.

However, if it was possible to automatically move duplicate members to a group with limited capabilities, they would be contacting us almost immediately. So, please consider this, as on big sites that charge subscriptions for access to all or some areas, it would help a great deal. Cheers.

Edited by PPlanet
  • 2 months later...

just received notification of a "new version" and been waiting for the app version to be updated to 4.6 but the renew costs for this app has gone from $8.50 to $25.00.  How this is justified with no new features. Even the purchase price has gone from $15.00 to $50.00. 🙄

Always supported this app from when it first appeared but cannot justify the rise,  The lack of support and no response from the developer doesn't help matters.