[CJ] CJ Duplicate Member Logger (Support Topic)

Just now, bearback said:

just received notification of a "new version" and been waiting for the app version to be updated to 4.6 but the renew costs for this app has gone from $8.50 to $25.00.  How this is justified with no new features. Even the purchase price has gone from $15.00 to $50.00. 🙄

Always supported this app from when it first appeared but cannot justify the rise,  The lack of support and no response from the developer doesn't help matters.  

FYI, new price/renewal will affect only new purchases. You will keep paying $8.50.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
On 5/29/2022 at 11:40 PM, gintonix said:

Hello, the alts will not displayed in Message when i use the function send to all, is there a known Problem with it?

i'm not sure i follow what you are asking? are you asking does it send to all the alts too? or just to the "primary" account? it doesn't do a "group" message if that is what you are asking.

15 hours ago, gintonix said:

Can you please answer?

sorry, holiday weekend i was not at home.

38 minutes ago, CodingJungle said:

i'm not sure i follow what you are asking? are you asking does it send to all the alts too? or just to the "primary" account? it doesn't do a "group" message if that is what you are asking.

sorry, holiday weekend i was not at home.

If a Duplicate was detected, there is a Button "PM All", with this i sent Message to Main AND Dupicates/Alts.

When use {alt}, no Usernames are displayed in the message

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 9/29/2021 at 1:31 PM, PPlanet said:

Some time ago, I made the suggestion for this app to have an option to automatically change the user group of those with duplicate accounts. Right now, it either sends PMs or bans members (which is too harsh IMHO). However, the problem with just sending PMs is that on a big site then you have to go chasing the conversations, many members just ignore them, etc.

However, if it was possible to automatically move duplicate members to a group with limited capabilities, they would be contacting us almost immediately. So, please consider this, as on big sites that charge subscriptions for access to all or some areas, it would help a great deal. Cheers.

I post this again as a reminder for some new functionality I'm begging for at this stage. And that is the capability to automatically move detected members to another user-group (which one could create with limited functionality, so it'd be in their best interest to contact you, rather than admins going after them).

I know the app offers the possibility of banning people already, but IMHO that would be too harsh and counter-productive for your community in the long run.

Just to illustrate the problem, I add a screenshot of a PM folder I have created to move the duplicates alerts into. And yes, many of those are repeated instances of detection, etc. but it illustrates what happens on a site where you sell subscriptions and also have a teaser offering a few free views. Some people keep creating accounts just to get more free views and avoid paying subscriptions, no matter how cheap they may be.

Could contain: Text, Page, Number, Symbol, Home Decor

Most don't reply to the automatic PM the app sends either, so, just imagine the extra amount of workload that chasing up these duplicates requires.

• 1 month later...

This application seems somewhat broken on 4.7.3 @CodingJungle

When someone registers, if it's set to automatically ban the alt account, for some reason that alt account is created like three or four times, with the same username and email address, which is very strange as normal IPS behaviour seems to prohibit this for obvious reasons. 

Also "Send to All" doesn't appear to be an option in the drop down box either. It's either "Disabled", "Ban" or "Send Message". Is this going to be updated or should we look at alternatives? 

Cheers.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, AtariAge said:

I'm very interested in this!  Is it still in development?

Unfortunately, it doesn't work for us in our large community. Too many false positives due to Apple's VPN with iCloud Private Relay (https://support.apple.com/en-au/HT212614) - and no way to whitelist IPs or usernames to prevent them from filling up the notifications list. Only option provided was to may nearly the same again to have a whitelist feature added. 

Still interested in anyone who can take over and update this now abandoned plugin as it worked perfectly.