PM problem in forum

NAX

Our forum is from 1998 and have been converted from original UBBThreds(1998-) to SMF(2012-) and then to IPS (2018-).

When our members write a PM almost every time they also get a message from before 2012 in the conversation. My best guess is that there are some tags that is beeing mixed up and since we have converted several times, the error could be old.

Is there a way to delete PMs from before 2013? Just cutting the line to the old forums PM-data?

Do you mean that the conversation goes back years between two people? Or that they get alerted to a new PM that was actually sent in 2012?

If it's the first thing, I think that's expected behavior (assuming the people chatting with each other have been doing so for 8 years)--there's no cutoff there.

If it's the second thing, I think you should open a support ticket and have someone take a look.

• 1 month later...

Hi there
When user X send a PM to User Y, some random PM from person Z show up in the PM-thread. Last message from user was a conversation from 2009 showing up when sending PM.

Best solution for me is to delete all PMs from pre 2014.

On 10/7/2020 at 6:59 PM, NAX said:

original UBBThreds(1998-)

That's a blast from the past. I remember running that forum software back in the '90s! UBB was king but they resisted going from a flat file system to being databse driven for some time.

• 4 weeks later...