How to post HTML in a forum post?

I ran into an issue posting Paypal Order Now buttons in a post...the HTML displayed fine, but the button launched the browser back to the first page of the thread??  I had to create a temp HTML page to link to the item's thread for now.  What could be wrong?  The code obviously works but not on IPS?

Here is a test post I set up on my live board...when you click ADD TO CART, it should start to open paypal but as you can see, it sends you back to the post instead...

https://7173mustangs.com/forums/topic/35936-testing/

Edited by RocketStang

Something was probably stripped for security reasons. You need to check what it is by comparing the code before and after posting. There are some whitelisting options in the editor settings in the ACP which might help depending on what was stripped. 

Edited by opentype

10 minutes ago, RocketStang said:

Here is a test post I set up on my live board...when you click ADD TO CART, it should start to open paypal but as you can see, it sends you back to the post instead...

If you have in your acp the setting  "Serve images from local server?" enabled, try to switch it off. This is a bug.

" This issue should be resolved in 4.5 - I recommend leaving the image proxy off in the mean time."

• 2 years later...

I am having this exact same issue. Just want to easily be able to sell one singular product since we already have an online store front setup through Shopify. This item is a small pocket knife and since we are connected to Facebook/Instagram they will remove our entire product catalog for selling it. 

11 minutes ago, londonmitch said:

I am having this exact same issue. Just want to easily be able to sell one singular product since we already have an online store front setup through Shopify. This item is a small pocket knife and since we are connected to Facebook/Instagram they will remove our entire product catalog for selling it. 

I have created the button and tested it in an iframe and works perfectly. When I add the HTML into a forum post it redirects me to the first page in that same thread.