Add og:image to all posts

7 hours ago, pequeno said:

I need to add "og:image" to all posts. How can I do it?

@pequeno You don't need to use the og:image meta tag to add an image to all posts.

You can upload a share image on AdminCP > Customization > Icons & Logos > Default share images.

image.thumb.png.4cf7cf3f2795a4fbb0d77864def9b4ac.png

Note: You will need to clear your site's cache by going to the AdminCP > System > Support > Something isn't working correctly.
And if you're using a CDN, which you should because CloudFlare is free if you don't want to pay for one like SiteLock or Sucuri, you will also need to clear the CDN cache.

image.thumb.png.66eefa8756a537b1c04bab27e3b9c7b1.png

You will need to wait at least 2 minutes for the site's cache to get fully cleared before testing if the changes were applied.

You can test the share image by using the Facebook Sharing Debugger or Discord.

You can also check how your site will get displayed on Twitter with the Twitter Card Validator, but I didn't need to add any Twitter tags.

Don't freak out if it's been 5 minutes and it still isn't showing. I've seen cases where I know I did everything correctly and because I had recently tested on Discord, apparently Discord cached my last shared URL so I had to wait like 15 minutes. Obviously if it's been 1 hour and it still hasn't shown, you've done something wrong like you might be missing other meta tags.

To add your other meta tags, go to the AdminCP > System > Site Promotion > Search Engine Optimization > Meta Tags.

Here is a screenshot of the ones I'm currently using:

image.thumb.png.1d04cb11cdb1d7ba175babb5a8ba2bc0.png

Same as with changing any Icons & Logos, you will need to clear the site's and CDN cache for the changes to get applied.

6 hours ago, pequeno said:

The company that inserts advertising on my site told me that I need to put og:image in every post.

You could technically create an og:image tag for every post under your Meta Tags using the Live Meta Tag Editor, but that's a lot of manual work so I'd use the plugin @opentype recommended if that's what you wanted.