Update patch not pushing through on one of my websites

Hello all,

I currently have two websites fully licensed by IPS and on one website, I ran the "Something isn't working correctly" option and it showed there was a patch available, while on my other website, it does not show the patch being available.

Since the patch addresses the current issues with Spotify embeds not working, I would like to be able to install it.

Why would it show up as available on one website while not on another website? What should I look for?

On 4/5/2020 at 10:10 AM, opentype said:

Well, the obvious case would be that patch isn’t required since it was installed before or the latest update that was made already included it. 

Are you sure the problem you want to patch actually still exists?

Unless these patches auto-install, which I doubt they do, the latest one has not been installed on the site in question.

Yes, the problem still exists, which is that the Spotify embeds do not work, and that was supposedly fixed in the latest hotfix. My site's IPS version is 4.4.10 which was installed prior to the latest hotfix and the bug came about when Spotify changed how they process embeds and it broke this feature on 4.4.10.

14 hours ago, bfarber said:

The only reason a patch would not show up as available on the other site is because it is already installed. You may have updated to the latest release on that site after the patch was issued.

Hey BFarber! Do these patches or autofixes install automatically on their own? I'm the sole administrator on this site and I sure haven't installed it. lol

UPDATE: On the site that I did install the latest patch, I tried embedding a Spotify link and it still gives the error that it's can't embed it.

I won't bother with patches. I'll just wait until the next version of IPS is released and update both sites then.

Edited by LDDG

They do not auto install, to force this, download a full set of files from the client area, extract those to your computer and upload to your site, this will ensure you have all the latest files and patches, ensure that when uploading you overwrite all existing files.

14 hours ago, Rhett said:

They do not auto install, to force this, download a full set of files from the client area, extract those to your computer and upload to your site, this will ensure you have all the latest files and patches, ensure that when uploading you overwrite all existing files.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/20/2020 at 9:01 AM, DavoteK said:

Any update on that? Same issue. 

I opened up a ticket and was told that they have logged an internal bug report with their development team to investigate and address as necessary, in a future maintenance release.

So it's just a waiting game now.

On 4/22/2020 at 10:32 AM, LDDG said:

I opened up a ticket and was told that they have logged an internal bug report with their development team to investigate and address as necessary, in a future maintenance release.

So it's just a waiting game now.

Yeah, same.