Do not show that the message has been edited

Sonya*

2 hours ago, tonyv said:

I don't know about Pages, but I'm pretty sure in Forums it's a settings choice. I seem to remember choosing unselect by default when I gave my members the option to choose whether to display the "edited by" line.

Yes. And I have expected that this works the same way in Pages. At the moment the checkbox is ticked by default. If I untick it and save and open the record for edit again - it is always ticked. I have to untick it each time I edit something in Pages. 

1 hour ago, Sonya* said:

Yes. And I have expected that this works the same way in Pages. At the moment the checkbox is ticked by default. If I untick it and save and open the record for edit again - it is always ticked. I have to untick it each time I edit something in Pages. 

Yes this is a bug of "Can edit silently?"
If Yes, in Forums the edit is unchecked, but in Pages with.
If No, a reason box for editing, with no checkbox - appears in the Forums, and that's correct.
Nothing appears in the Pages and the edit is without any editing message.
A typical bug.

I’ve investigated this further and pages have an own logic here.. The checkbox will be checked automatically when the author edits it, while it’s going to be unchecked when anybody else with edit/mod permissions edits it. 
I agree that it’s weird and that it would be better if it would be consistent suite wide.

I’ll bring this up internally on Monday.

3 minutes ago, Daniel F said:

I’ve investigated this further and pages have an own logic here.. The checkbox will be checked automatically when the author edits it, while it’s going to be unchecked when anybody else with edit/mod permissions edits it. 
I agree that it’s weird and that it would be better if it would be consistent suite wide.

I’ll bring this up internally on Monday.

It would be at least helpful, if the last choice on record would be respected. I have to uncheck the box again and again while editing, on every record, every time. Even if I have unchecked it previously. 

For me it's not a big deal to uncheck a button manually when I edit a record, but how about extending this a function little bit?

At the moment when an article is edited it's shown on top of the list when I filter by last update.

So what about when a record is edited 'silently' it does not change the position, only when I chose to show that it's edited?

AMS had something like that and I always found it pretty usefull, when you edit only a small think like a typo.

On 11/29/2019 at 11:14 AM, Sonya* said:

In Pages -> databases: the checkbox is always ticked for the records while editing. Is there any possibility to uncheck it by default? 

screenshot-localhost-2019_11.png.d42ec5437c24bdef7e57fe2fa3fcadc4.png

I normally just remove this from the templates, as I really don't want this message showing up on any type of articles from Pages.

5 hours ago, Daniel F said:

We're going to fix this for 4.5 and make it consistent with the rest of the suite.

I personally would like to see more separation from say the forum to the rest of the suite. For example, I would like Pages out of the box to resemble WordPress (article wise) rather than a clone of the forums theme/template.

1 hour ago, TDBF said:

I normally just remove this from the templates, as I really don't want this message showing up on any type of articles from Pages.

I have modified template to output it only to editors. On this one project I would like to have this output, so that other editors can see if something is modified and by whom. Generally I do not like to modify templates to save time during the upgrade. And there is no way to hook into database templates as well :blush:

17 minutes ago, Sonya* said:

I have modified template to output it only to editors. On this one project I would like to have this output, so that other editors can see if something is modified and by whom. Generally I do not like to modify templates to save time during the upgrade. And there is no way to hook into database templates as well :blush:

I was meaning the Pages Database templates.... You have a fair point, I could change the code only to display to the editors who and whom updated them previously, but I have only two editors anyway. đŸ¤£

I hope you have your issue solved quickly đŸ™‚

Archived