Twitter video integration in forum?

• 6 months later...
19 hours ago, VaBeach_Guy said:

Since this thread is about Twitter video, I'll ask this question in here. 

Some members on my board say that Twitter videos won't play for them (on the board). Has anyone else had issues with embedded twitter videos not playing?

I'm just starting to get complaints about that on my site

I would always try to narrow it down first. Check if it’s every video or just a specific one. Ask what browser they use and things like that. And what exactly is the behaviour these users are seeing. “It doesn’t work” is usually not a useful description. 

Testing here:

56 minutes ago, opentype said:

I would always try to narrow it down first. Check if it’s every video or just a specific one. Ask what browser they use and things like that. And what exactly is the behaviour these users are seeing. “It doesn’t work” is usually not a useful description. 

Testing here:

It's every video. I tried to play the one you posted, below is what happened (on Chrome). That's odd, though, because I haven't had this issue with Chrome. I tried it in Chrome, Edge, Firefox and even IE. IE never displays Tweets properly, the video played in all other browsers. Then, I tried it in Chrome again, and it played. So I don't know what would cause that. It didn't play the first time I tried it, then it did play in a new tab of the same browser the second time I tried it. 

twitter.JPG.d0380b09e639a920f031a8771d4ccab9.JPG

I forgot to mention... the browsers that some of my members are using, are various. So it's not one specific browser but the most recent incident that was reported was Edge. 

Edited by VaBeach_Guy

On 6/1/2020 at 12:22 PM, Sheffielder said:

I'm just starting to get complaints about that on my site

I suggested to my members that the browser cache be cleared and then try the videos, one member did that today and everything works properly for him now. So, as I kind of suspected, it was on his end and not due to the board software.