Follow Specific User Content

2 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

I'll try to debug, while I wait for the other 3 purchasers reply on this. I really can't reproduce this in my 2 boards.

I am also trying to pin point what triggers the delete. I check after 20 minutes and it's gone. some action is calling delete but I am not sure what. Thank you 🙂

2 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

The time (20 minutes) seems to be a thing here... this plugin doesn't has a task to run from time to time, so most likely something else is deleting the record. I'm checking anyway.

I think possibly it just takes me 20 minutes of clicking around to hit whatever triggers the delete.

14 minutes ago, SJ77 said:

I think possibly it just takes me 20 minutes of clicking around to hit whatever triggers the delete.

I am getting closer, I can now make it happen in real time. I have 2 profiles and when I follow one the other is deleted and visa versa

11 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

@SJ77 nailed it down.... It's really my fault. Not exactly deleting the record but replacing.

I'll provide a fix as soon as I can. 👍

Is this only in 1.0.2? If so I probably should have mentioned we only have 1.0.1 installed, which could be why I was unable to reproduce. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hiya Adriano! We have several bug reports related to the app from our users:

1. It looks like changing your notifications settings on someone may send them another follow notification.

2. I'd like to add that I'm getting notifications for forum posts despite having unchecked that for everyone I'm following.

3. It seems without status replies selected I still get notifications whenever someone I follow with status updates selected replies to a status update, image, or peice of media. I definitely didn't expect this.

There's a few more reports on this, but basically it seems as if its not quite working right?

5 minutes ago, AlexWright said:

Hiya Adriano! We have several bug reports related to the app from our users:

1. It looks like changing your notifications settings on someone may send them another follow notification.

2. I'd like to add that I'm getting notifications for forum posts despite having unchecked that for everyone I'm following.

3. It seems without status replies selected I still get notifications whenever someone I follow with status updates selected replies to a status update, image, or peice of media. I definitely didn't expect this.

There's a few more reports on this, but basically it seems as if its not quite working right?

Well, obviously this is not the expected behavior. I tested this on 4.5 one month ago or earlier and it was working fine.

I’ll re test it during the weekend. 

@SJ77, is this the bug in core you mentioned last week on a private message?

It was something related to status updates. 

10 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

Well, obviously this is not the expected behavior. I tested this on 4.5 one month ago or earlier and it was working fine.

This is for the last version made available on 4.4.10. We will be updating to 4.5 soon. Edit: thanks for looking into it!

Edited by AlexWright

Just tested and it's working fine, @AlexWright:

PS: the video is a bit longer (5:53 minutes because I downloaded the plugin, installed it,, configured, etc.); if you want to straight to the point, go to 2:15 minutes.

I selected only Blog Entries and created a topic, status updates, status update reply and finally, a blog entry; And as expected, I received only the notification for the blog entry.

Disable all your other apps/plugins for a moment that has something to do with notifications and test it alone.

8 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

Just tested and it's working fine, @AlexWright:

PS: the video is a bit longer (5:53 minutes because I downloaded the plugin, installed it,, configured, etc.); if you want to straight to the point, go to 2:15 minutes.

I selected only Blog Entries and created a topic, status updates, status update reply and finally, a blog entry; And as expected, I received only the notification for the blog entry.

Disable all your other apps/plugins for a moment that has something to do with notifications and test it alone.

I was told also that having Gallery Images on also was giving image replies. Is that normal as well?

18 minutes ago, AlexWright said:

I was told also that having Gallery Images on also was giving image replies. Is that normal as well?

Oh yes, I can confirm I'm receiving Gallery notifications even not selected and taking a look on Gallery image model, it has a bunch of notifications methods there so probably something has to be done directly on them.

We'll take a look closer during the weekend.

----------------------

EDIT: Yes, confirmed. Gallery (and Downloads) sends notifications via Queue task, that's why they are not using the plugin restrictions. Will take a look.

Edited by Adriano Faria
6 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

The bug I mentioned has to do with folks who have many followers struggeling to post. After submitting there is a LOOOOOOOOONG pause. If someone has enough followers they can't post at all. They get a 503 server error. Then when they refresh the page the post is there.

core system is trying to push notifications and not allowing the post to just happen. Notifications should be a background task but it isn't.

• 1 month later...

Hi @Adriano Faria

I love the idea; if the user follows someone, and he wants to get notification only for a new topic from the followed members, and not for new replies.  Is it possible with your app?

A significant upgrade will be to separate different notification with a different color.

Edited by livegames.co.il