Follow Specific User Content

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Sonya* said:

Can you please add a possibility to follow only status updates of the member? 

What's New in Version 1.0.1:

• Add ability to follow only Status Updates and/or Status Replies. New options will appear only if:
    • Status Updates are globaly enabled (Admin CP Profile Settings)
    • Member can access Status Update module
    • Member who will be followed has Status Update enabled on their profile

s1uexLr.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
6 hours ago, SJ77 said:

Yeah, this doesn't work at all.  😞

• install plugin
  • set groups
  • check follow button on profile ... nothing. It's just hidden. (disabled)

Works fine in 2 different boards I just tested (dev and online boards):

As you don't like to provide your URL to us to see what's going on there, I just can say to run the support tool in your ACP.

yeah, it makes sense now but I wasn't even reading. I was just clicking and it wasn't there. user error happens. sorry about that.

One more question, "Topic" is that only a new topic? or a post within a topic?

Record.. ?? what is that?

image.png

From a member

Hello. I am noticing that the new change to modify notifications that are received from a person you follow does not seem to actually save. It seems once you exit the page you are on, it reverts back to following all content. Not sure if others have noticed, but I just thought I would let you know

confirmed. Settings aren’t sticking! 
Any ideas?

EDIT: let me try clearing the cache with the support tool.

Edited by SJ77

I am trying to figure out exactly what action causes it but I can see a value goes into the database and then the record is inexplicably deleted after 10 or 20 minutes.

before.JPG

after 10 minutes.JPG

@Adriano Faria why would records be removed after some time? I think this won't be solved without your help.

Edited by SJ77

The only DELETE instruction is when someone stop following the member:

fybNg6k.png

Other than that, it doesn't delete records from the plugin table. When you change the follow, it updates the field with a * (all content) of specific and the content will be listed in next column, as shown in your screenshot.

Make sure you haven't another resource deleting "follows".

43 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

The only DELETE instruction is when someone stop following the member:

fybNg6k.png

Other than that, it doesn't delete records from the plugin table. When you change the follow, it updates the field with a * (all content) of specific and the content will be listed in next column, as shown in your screenshot.

Make sure you haven't another resource deleting "follows".

No follows are being deleted. Only the record in this table followspecificusercontent_data

One the record in followspecificusercontent_data table is deleted the follow remains but it's just a regular follow that IPS supports.

There is some kind of weird thing going on here.

1 minute ago, Adriano Faria said:

Not that I’m aware of. 

@SJ77, by the way, I’m not sure where I gave you permission to post any piece of code from this resource which is paid, so please edit your post to remove it!

Sorry, Adriano... I didn't think about it that way, I am just in troubleshooting mode. 😞 I won't do that again.