Copy/Paste Tweets No Longer Working

Carol Cornwall

Twitter rolled out a huge update and now my members can't copy and paste tweets on our board. It's a big deal for us because college football season is ramping up and the tweets from our program and players are flying right now. We've done the latest IPS upgrade to 4.4.5. It was working fine with the IPS update, but then Twitter broke it. Is anyone else having this issue? I don't want to submit a repair ticket because it's not really an IPS problem, but it will need to get fixed eventually, I suppose. Bleh.

I’ve noticed it no longer automatically embeds and feels a bit slower, you must hit enter and wait the couple of seconds.

Still works though and I have a football forum also which embeds a lot of tweets....proper football I mean, where you play with feet not hands 🙃

@Carol Cornwall the tweets you referenced above are embedded into the post.  They do take a second or longer to show though.  

If the tweets are not embedding, see if you can record a screencast to confirm the issue and send in a ticket.  Be aware that support on the weekend is delayed, especially for technical support.  

51 minutes ago, Joel R said:

@Carol Cornwall the tweets you referenced above are embedded into the post.  They do take a second or longer to show though.  

If the tweets are not embedding, see if you can record a screencast to confirm the issue and send in a ticket.  Be aware that support on the weekend is delayed, especially for technical support.  

The problem is the tweet I embeded in this thread as an example and the one @Joy Rex embedded should look like a normal tweet with a picture and the "pretty look" of a tweet. It's only showing on our board (and here, as far as I see on my laptop) as text with a link to twitter to see the photo. And the one Joy Rex posted doesn't even have the link. We only have the problem with tweets embedded via PC and being viewed via PC, not phones. I'll submit a ticket. It's not a life or death situation right now. Thanks for the replies, everyone.

Oh, and before anyone mentions it, I do know that it's necessary to click "Paste as plain text instead" at the bottom of the box when you're trying to embed. That doesn't work anymore.

On 8/2/2019 at 5:45 PM, Carol Cornwall said:

Oh, and before anyone mentions it, I do know that it's necessary to click "Paste as plain text instead" at the bottom of the box when you're trying to embed. That doesn't work anymore.

Er, I think you mean the opposite - pasting should auto-embed a Tweet, whereas if you just want the link, you then click the "Paste as plain text instead" link so it does NOT auto-embed the Tweet...

On 8/5/2019 at 8:30 AM, Joy Rex said:

Er, I think you mean the opposite - pasting should auto-embed a Tweet, whereas if you just want the link, you then click the "Paste as plain text instead" link so it does NOT auto-embed the Tweet...

Nope. You would think the opposite would be true, but it isn't. The way I wrote it is how it works for us. Thanks anyway, though.

When you open the ticket, make sure to be specific. Use specific tweet URLs that can be tested. State the browser you are using and so on. 

You say Twitter broke something, but I like others can’t see any problems on my sites or here posting from my desktop browser. 

Archived