.htaccess to redirect 3.4.x forum links to 4.x?

AtariAge

Has anyone created Apache mod_rewrite rules to convert Invision 3.4.x forum links to 4.x?  I just moved my forum recently from 3.4.x to 4.4.4, and it seems quite a few old links no longer work.  Links to specific threads, posts, conversations, and links to specific forums don't seem to work, for instance.  I'm sure others are broken as well, but those would be the big ones I'm most concerned with.  Which is bad, since there are thousands of external links to my forum, not to mention many tens of thousands of internal links within the forum.  Would be really nice to have those links properly redirected with a 301 redirect (permanently changed). 

Thanks,

..Al

17 hours ago, AtariAge said:

I just moved my forum recently from 3.4.x to 4.4.4, and it seems quite a few old links no longer work.  Links to specific threads, posts, conversations, and links to specific forums don't seem to work, for instance.  I'm sure others are broken as well, but those would be the big ones I'm most concerned with.  Which is bad, since there are thousands of external links to my forum, not to mention many tens of thousands of internal links within the forum.  Would be really nice to have those links properly redirected with a 301 redirect (permanently changed). 

Then you should open a support ticket. After a conversion it should redirect all links.

46 minutes ago, Adlago said:

Identify some of the most frequently broken links, and a new working address.
As you have formulated your topic - there is no universal way.

I figured this must be a relatively common issue for people coming from 3.4.x to 4.x.  I'll file a support ticket first and see what Invision has to say.

Thanks,

..Al

Archived