Group formatting

15 minutes ago, newbie LAC said:

Template postContainer

Find 

{template="userLink" group="global" app="core" params="$comment->author(), $comment->warningRef(), FALSE"}

change to

{template="userLink" group="global" app="core" params="$comment->author(), $comment->warningRef()"}

This looks like a bug. Submit a ticket.

Still not working 😕

8 hours ago, newbie LAC said:

Template postContainer

Find 

{template="userLink" group="global" app="core" params="$comment->author(), $comment->warningRef(), FALSE"}

change to

{template="userLink" group="global" app="core" params="$comment->author(), $comment->warningRef()"}

This looks like a bug. Submit a ticket.

Thank you!!!

Just to clarify an earlier comment, this is not a bug.

We made a conscious decision intentionally to only highlight the username when the formatted group name is not also displayed. When you see your username there, and you see the group name formatted 2 lines below it, we did not feel the username also had to be formatted in this manner.

We tested what is being discussed here out of the box at first, but were not happy with the result and opted to go the route we have intentionally - that is, the rule of thumb is "if the group name is also displayed (and formatted), then the username is not formatted".

1 hour ago, bfarber said:

We made a conscious decision intentionally to only highlight the username when the formatted group name is not also displayed. When you see your username there, and you see the group name formatted 2 lines below it, we did not feel the username also had to be formatted in this manner.

We tested what is being discussed here out of the box at first, but were not happy with the result and opted to go the route we have intentionally - that is, the rule of thumb is "if the group name is also displayed (and formatted), then the username is not formatted".

In that case - why also format in Reactions? I mean in reactions - username are formatted. For now i am using @newbie LAC changes.  It's like left side you get no formatting and right side you get formatting. Doesn't make sense to me. 

But is it possible to apply formatting 'everywhere' when someone selects 'Global' in AdminCP because definitely Global selection doesn't still mean Global?  Is their any performance issues when you apply formatting on left side? Just curious. 

image.thumb.png.e93141e8402e58d605844c74a53b2e79.png

The reactions is different - your name may not be shown (and it would be weird not to format other user's names), or your name may be shown (in which case it would be weird to format everyone else's name but not yours).

The decision was based on the UI implications and not on performance - there is no measurable performance hit from formatting the user's name in this context, we just felt it looked "weird" basically to have the name and group stacked, both formatted.

On 3/12/2019 at 12:25 AM, bfarber said:

What about in the case of the whosonline widget?

It no longer has any formatting associated to the username since the latest update.

On 3/15/2019 at 12:16 AM, bfarber said:

Does for me

image.png

I have created a new blank theme via the theme editor, no changes whatsoever have been made, and the styling in the who's online widget doesn't look anything like yours. It certainly doesn't have the + signs either.

image.thumb.png.20f63bb15dd634925182d33e2fee64d6.png

Is there some other configuration required? Did my upgrade fail? As you can see the group styling works everywhere else.

EDIT: I just realised I'm using a plugin because I wanted last 24 hours...... thanks!

Edited by Aetherdan

In the above video i have been trying to make it work, but can only see as a admin......guest view and member view can't see it

hello, is there a way to make group formatting - make it show the group name as a animated color?

if so, can someone lay out steps for acp > groups > use formatting - [<span] Group Name [</span] 

Edited by Mr. Fierce God
added Video example

• 1 year later...
On 3/11/2019 at 2:25 PM, bfarber said:

Why not just add an extra setting in the options (maybe for 4.5)? Thanks.