How do I delete "Guest Post Before Registering" Spam?

PoC2

I suppose not unexpected. Spammers have found the "Guest Post Before Registering" tool useful to get a post to show up in the posts feed/widget/block (but not in the forum itself).

I cannot see the topic/ post in question:

You do not have permission to view this content.
ERROR: 2F173/K

Anyone know how I eradicate it? This Guest Post?

Some of us don't want to do that – and it doesn't solve my immediate issue. Also, how would "Guest Post Before Registering" even work in the first place without seeing the board?

I'd rather have the ability to delete any "Guest Post Before Registering" posts that are made – when they are spam. Right now I'm denied permission to even see the offending post/topic.

So, it turns out this is somewhat less of a hassle than first thought.

The post titles and initial text can be seen by Moderators but not normal forum members. In which case we just wait until it disappears off the post list or until a week passes.

Running 4.4.1.

@uzibereta  They have already stated they do not want to disable the feature, just a way to clear the removed posts from the block feed.

@PoC2  If they're only showing up on your blocks, this could be due to your blocks/widgets being cached, so content that is deleted may take a few minutes to be removed.  You can always go to your ACP and run the support tool to immediately clear the cache, wiping out the spam and showing current content.

What do you mean by waiting for a week to pass?

20 minutes ago, Alismora said:

If they're only showing up on your blocks, this could be due to your blocks/widgets being cached, so content that is deleted may take a few minutes to be removed.  You can always go to your ACP and run the support tool to immediately clear the cache, wiping out the spam and showing current content.

Done. Still there.

1097768759_Screenshot2019-03-06at15_18_08.png.d90bec83b5936ce9ebc13a80a7bd8a51.png

22 minutes ago, Alismora said:

What do you mean by waiting for a week to pass?

It's stated that an email reminder will be sent to guests a week after making a post to remind them to register, so I'm inferring from that that the post content is still held on the site until at least that time.

Archived