Our Picks character limit

tonyv

I had not used the Our Picks feature until only recently, because I thought the content had to be promoted to social media which I don't use that. As soon as I learned that I could promote content to Our Picks on my own forum I got excited, and I've already featured two topics in Our Picks. When I went to promote my third choice it wouldn't post. It said something about the character limit being 3000, and that the topic I was trying to post ~3200 characters. Why is there a character limit for promoted content? Is it a setting I can change in the ACP? If yes, where?

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/26/2020 at 11:53 AM, Sascha Prinz said:

Is it possible that the teaser will set automatecly by a limit of 500 characters and at the bottom there is a "read more" button which linked the original topic. 

Just for the internal promotion.

This would be great to be able to set a character limit, so you don't have to do anything extra, and also to make sure the Our Picks boxes are all the same height. A Read More button also lets people know that there is more to read on the subject, some may think what they are reading is the complete entry. Great idea.