PHP & HTML Custom Pages

TomTucka18

I'm building out a community that needs some custom pages - the pages will be accessing the DB but also have custom designs. What is the best way to do this? I cannot get it to work using the following methods:

• Custom Page Only - This accepts all HTML and JS code but any PHP added just gets ignored/ not displayed. 
  • Custom Page with Blocks - blocks accept PHP but don't allow any HTML at all. Workable but would need a custom block for each new bit of php. 

Ideally someone will be able to point out how simple it is to allow PHP on custom pages and how stupid I am for missing it. Thanks in advance. 

Thanks but I'm not sure that is what I'm looking for. I have tried to create a new "template" and assign when creating a page that uses that template but the template is not visible in the drop down. Is there no way to just create a "page" that allows be to write php/html/js directly?

Don’t get confused by the word template. Just create a new page in the mode “manual HTML”. There you can add your custom HTML and your custom PHP. But the PHP needs to be in {{// this mode;}}, not <?php this one ;>

CSS and JS are created in the template section and then you can include any CSS or JS file for each custom page you have created. 

And one last tip - you can create blocks that support raw PHP as you noted, but contrary to what you said you can use HTML there too. You would simply echo/print it.

// Imagine some complex PHP code here.

print <<<EOF
            <strong>and here's the HTML finally...</strong>
EOF;

// I could do more with PHP if I needed to

Archived