Integrate Advanced Tags into core IPS

jp

That the developer of the Advanced Tags and Prefixes app has ceased updates, it would be amazing if this functionality would be integrated into the core IPS going forward.

Please consider IPS!!! It is one of the most used apps on the marketplace and really makes the tag system of IPS useable.

The tags system indeed needs a complete overhaul since it lacks so much functionality that it is almost impossible to name all the missing features. Tag management, tag groups, tag permissions, tag colors, tag removal, tag filters (frontend) etc... I think it is no shame to take a look at how certain competitors do handle tags and prefixes and consider bringing those possibilities to IPS.

I am quite confident truely hope that we will see some major improvements in IPS 5. 😋

22 hours ago, MMXII said:

The tags system indeed needs a complete overhaul since it lacks so much functionality that it is almost impossible to name all the missing features. Tag management, tag groups, tag permissions, tag colors, tag removal, tag filters (frontend) etc... I think it is no shame to take a look at how certain competitors do handle tags and prefixes and consider bringing those possibilities to IPS.

I am quite confident truely hope that we will see some major improvements in IPS 5. 😋

The tag removal already built in via edit main post, I also believe tag permission in there also via the admin cp in groups, tag filter maybe already there can't remember as not tested in few months, but tag color yeah could be useful but that what the advanced prefix did bring if remember.

But looking making tag system so watch this space as let my mind work out the details.

14 minutes ago, Pete T said:

tag removal

Of course one can remove tags from entries or manually one by one in the AdminCP. What I want though is (mass-)deleting multiple tags at one, deleting tags by tag group (which do not exist) etc. More comfort and easier tag management, ideally combined with tag sorting and tag filders in the AdminCP, because right now I have to go through hundrets of pages and do countless clicks to clean up tags in the AdminCP.

17 minutes ago, Pete T said:

tag permission in there also via the admin cp in groups

Yes, can or cannot use tags. But what about permissions regarding single tags (can/cannot use this specific tag), what about tag group permissions (if there were tag groups... can/cannot use tags within this specific tag group), what about can/cannot use specific tags as labels/prefixes etc. So no group permissions, but tag group permissions and single tag permissions and tag permissions on a per-forum-level/per-download-category/per-gallery-category/... basis.

Those are just some examples. Like I said: There is room for improvements in so many ways.

The only thing I've ever used Advanced tags/prefixes for was the prefixes advancements. I like having a set of prefixes for a forum that I can color coordinate and require or suggest for my users.

I liked the fact that you could sort of set them as categories on forums but they didn't filter by forum when you clicked on them so if the tag spanned multiple categories it showed all from that tag instead of all of that tag in that category/forum. Plus it never worked on grid view if you modified the span of the grid which was horribly annoying.

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, Dean Spencer said:

I would love to see this in a 4.4 update. It's been native in Xenforo for as long as I can remember. It should be native here too. 

😱 have you considered that Xenforo and IPS aren't selling the exact same prodcut suite? Just because one has a specific feature doesnt mean the other should  also have that same feature... 

Debate features on their merit, not because your neighbor got a new Ford  and now you want IPS to buy you one...

17 minutes ago, Aiwa said:

Debate features on their merit, not because your neighbor got a new Ford  and now you want IPS to buy you one...

But in this specific case, there seems to be a big demand for an advanced tags and prefix system if you look at the purchase count of this application:

9 minutes ago, Ramsesx said:

But in this specific case, there seems to be a big demand for an advanced tags and prefix system if you look at the purchase count of this application:

Then you could say the same of my Steam Profile Integration... It'll likely have as many purchases when it reaches the same time on market... Does that mean IPS should integrate everything from the 3rd Party MP authors that averages 75-100 purchases per year? 

47 minutes ago, Aiwa said:

Then you could say the same of my Steam Profile Integration... It'll likely have as many purchases when it reaches the same time on market... Does that mean IPS should integrate everything from the 3rd Party MP authors that averages 75-100 purchases per year? 

Not everything, but they can improve things they have already implemented in their core system like the prefix and tag system.

Archived