Old 3.4.9 Site - Need to Change Password in Database

jackflash

4 hours ago, Aiwa said:

I would suggest creating a new account, manually setting it to the admin group, login to the ACP with that new account and then change the password of the other account. 

That's what I would do, its a bit quicker than changing the pass manually.

I did (possibly about a year ago) post the relevant details on setting the password to be "!Admin" or something along those lines to allow a quick way back in but tbh if I had to do it again I'd just reg a new account (assuming registration was not disabled, otherwise I'd have to do the former) then change the new acc to be group4 assuming the group ID has not changed.

EDIT... Unless the OP is asking as the site is not present on the db and/or there are not 3x files to actually do that or run pass recovery. Hmm. OK

Set 'members pass hash' to be: 727a7219b97b8e4e88e84bcdd6adb347

Set 'members pass salt' to be: |J1%]

All being well the password for that account should now be "admin" , without the quotes, all in lower case. That was taken from a localhost test install where the pass was as stated...

349admin.png.d21c9c3b5339e5f52e2e423ad510c1d0.png

5 hours ago, AndyF said:

That's what I would do, its a bit quicker than changing the pass manually.

I did (possibly about a year ago) post the relevant details on setting the password to be "!Admin" or something along those lines to allow a quick way back in but tbh if I had to do it again I'd just reg a new account (assuming registration was not disabled, otherwise I'd have to do the former) then change the new acc to be group4 assuming the group ID has not changed.

EDIT... Unless the OP is asking as the site is not present on the db and/or there are not 3x files to actually do that or run pass recovery. Hmm. OK

Set 'members pass hash' to be: 727a7219b97b8e4e88e84bcdd6adb347

Set 'members pass salt' to be: |J1%] 

All being well the password for that account should now be "admin" , without the quotes, all in lower case. That was taken from a localhost test install where the pass was as stated...

349admin.png.d21c9c3b5339e5f52e2e423ad510c1d0.png

Thanks, Andy.  That worked perfectly after reading over my colleagues notes.

Lydia

Archived