IPS Connect still supported?

jair101

I was under the impression that IPS Connect will no longer be supported starting with 4.3. Can you confirm this is the case, because I still see IPS Connect relevant info in the developer docs: https://invisioncommunity.com/developers/docs/members-authentication/developing-single-sign-on-sso-integration-r65/

My company is looking for a way to integrate login in IPS via our application, but without developing full-on oauth solution. 

21 minutes ago, bfarber said:

I apologize for any confusion - IPS Connect is no longer available or supported with 4.3.

Thanks for clarifying. So to expand on that, the only to get a SSO integration from exterrnal app is pretty much developing Oauth server for it, correct? 

OAuth does not provide for SSO (it provides for a single login credential set, but out of the box it does not allow you to login at site A and be immediately and automatically logged in at site B).

If you need SSO you will need to write a plugin for this.

But Oauth is pretty much the only protocol that can be used for this plugin? Or the information in the linked guide is still relevant and you can create the plugin it by extending the \IPS\Session\Front class?

Sorry, that matter is a bit confusing for me. 

18 minutes ago, jair101 said:

But Oauth is pretty much the only protocol that can be used for this plugin? Or the information in the linked guide is still relevant and you can create the plugin it by extending the \IPS\Session\Front class?

Sorry, that matter is a bit confusing for me. 

Yes, that part is still relevant - it's just the IPS Connect part that is no longer supported.

We will update the docs soon. ?

On ‎5‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 3:38 PM, bfarber said:

OAuth does not provide for SSO (it provides for a single login credential set, but out of the box it does not allow you to login at site A and be immediately and automatically logged in at site B).

If you need SSO you will need to write a plugin for this.

I purchased the IPBWI WordPress SSO solution by @IPBWI.com Matthias Reuter during the christmas sale, but unfortunately I spent 130$ for nothing as I never used it during the last few months of 4.2 and on 4.3 it doesn't work anymore due to the unforeseeable cancelled IPS Connect feature... ??

Now I wasted a lot of money plus there is no follow-up solution.

An oauth SSO plugin is highly requested, that will login users automatically and seamlessly!!! And I would wish such a plugin will stand the test of time (...stand the test of next time...).

Archived