did anyone else lose their custom Editor toolbar buttons?

LiquidFractal

I recently upgraded to 4.3.2.  I now realise, after gruelling and mind-wracking troubleshooting on a somewhat related topic, that all of my custom Editor buttons have been completely WIPED.

As I had them a day ago, I assume it was a recent upgrade, and the only upgrade I've performed was the 4.3.2.  Not putting blame anywhere as I don't really have a clue what's going on, just grumbling and pissed off that I have to hunt down and reinstall buttons for footnotes, special characters, and reinstall the InfoBox buttons. ?

Anyone else had issues?

Are you saying that one is supposed to disable all customisations before upgrading?  If so, this is the first time I've heard that!  I never disable anything - I just run the upgrades.

At any rate, I tried disabling and re-enabling to no effect.  Not that I thought there would be, since when I went to the Editor page of the adminCP the buttons were simply nowhere to be found anyway.

Well, glass-is-half-full part I suppose since my buttons were all circa CKEditor 4.5 I needed to update them anyway...grumble grumble...

So @Daniel F are you saying that common practice is to disable all apps and plugins before running upgrades?

20 minutes ago, Josiah Wallingford said:

I know this has happened (all button disappear) to me when installing certain buttons for ckeditor. Once it happens I have to restore the editor and the re-install all my buttons (except the one that broke everything).

Yeah...I don't know if CKEditor was updated in 4.3 or onward and that's what caused this or not.   My biggest concern is the footnotes button, which (thankfully) still seems to work in CK4.9 even though it hasn't been updated since 2015.  As a writer I always get nervous when something messed with my CKEditor setup :wacko:

I've had my CKEditor customizations wiped multiple times over the years after clearing cache.  I use two extra buttons like New Page.  It's not a big deal but it is annoying.  

I personally save (offline) the CKEditor plugin files along with a bookmark to the file.  Should be easy enough to reinstall, but I do think it's a good moral to never stray too far from vanilla IPS.

Archived