Locked tasks

SecondSight

Hello ! :)

I changed to https yesterday and then I upgraded my community to version 4.3. About 10 hours later, I noticed that tasks are locked :

locked-taks.thumb.png.09fed28dba03160b05402690d80ad08f.png

In fact, everything seemed to be fine until I decided to watermark images in the gallery and so to rebuild the images it contains.

Rebuilding gallery images and Reindexing posts are stuck at 97,82% and 40,79%.

If I try running the tasks manually, I get a blank page, except for the notifications sendings.

I would like to find information about this problem, but I don't know what to search for in the server logs. Can someone help me with this ?

Thank you. :)

Yes, there are errors in the System Logs but it seems they have nothing to do with my problem :

Error: Call to undefined method IPS\Http\Url\Friendly::url() in ...

IPS\Http\Request\CurlException::28 Connection timed out after 10001 milliseconds

I search the logs, in the ACP and on the server (cat error_log | grep task) , for the words 'background', 'task', 'rebuild' or my IP but I find nothing.

My hunch is that you have a very large image stored in your Gallery and GD is hitting PHP's memory limit attempting to apply your watermark to it.

If you are not using cron-based tasks, switching to cron-based tasks would likely resolve the issue (as it bypasses the memory limit). Or you can alternatively try increasing the memory limit temporarily on your server (in the PHP configuration) to see if this allows the tasks to complete.

Of course you can also submit a ticket if you require assistance.

Hello ! ?

I'm already using cron-based tasks.

I've also tried different modifications in php 7 configuration (including setting memory_limit at 512M) but it doesn't change anything.

When I restart the rebuilding of the gallery images, it doesn't start and remains at 0%.

tasks-locked.thumb.png.64c1c0b67b69f2293bce29f1395a6a9a.png

I have to run the tasks manually. It seems like it works but it ends with a white page and it is always stuck at 97.82%.

22 minutes ago, SecondSight said:

Hello ! ?

I'm already using cron-based tasks.

I've also tried different modifications in php 7 configuration (including setting memory_limit at 512M) but it doesn't change anything.

When I restart the rebuilding of the gallery images, it doesn't start and remains at 0%.

tasks-locked.thumb.png.64c1c0b67b69f2293bce29f1395a6a9a.png

I have to run the tasks manually. It seems like it works but it ends with a white page and it is always stuck at 97.82%.

Do you see any errors in your logs ?

4 hours ago, Aiwa said:

White page = check your php error logs on the server

On Centos, php error logs is error_log (/usr/local/apache/logs/error_log), but what do I search for ?

I searched for my IP, for words such as background, task, my session id, today's date, but found nothing. There's not even an error for today's date in spite of the fact that got the blank page several times when trying to rebuild the gallery images.

Does someone have an idea which could help ?

Thank you. ?

I managed to have the error printed in the browser's page :

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 3474048 bytes) in /home/mywebsite/public_html/system/Image/Image.php on line 318

I've already tried setting memory_limit to 1024M but it doesn't help... I'm using PHP 7.

Edit :

I found the errors in this file : /home/mywebsite/public_html/admin/error_log

Edit 2 :

Fixed by support : had something to do with a corrupt record in the database

Thank you ! :)

Archived