Sort private messages: Newest first

Lince

Hello,

Not sure if you have considered to implement this option but I think is quite useful for everybody. Other forums have this feature very long time ago (phpbb).

When I read a private conversation, 99% of the time I am interested in the last message sent. At the moment, if I click in the conversation, I have to scroll until the end of the page to be able to see that message. It gets even worse if the conversation has several pages. This happens when you click on inbox and then click on a private conversation on the left block (this might even be a bug).

I believe it would be much easier to be able to sort the messages in private conversation so the newest messages appear first.

This is more user friendly and it will probably make it easier on the development side to show the new message.

I hope this feature can be implemented soon.

Thank you.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, The Old Man said:

Awesome, thanks for this bugfix. 

Two of my valued members who reported this bug also mentioned after being friends for several years they now have a 900 message long PM, is that a world record? :sweat:

I had one thread between two members get to 1,432 posts. That was on a defunct Role-playing Games forum I used to host.

20 hours ago, The Old Man said:

Awesome, thanks for this bugfix. 

Two of my valued members who reported this bug also mentioned after being friends for several years they now have a 900 message long PM, is that a world record? :sweat:

Not even close...... ;)

I've seen PMs with thousands of pages. I've never bothered to count huge PMs to see how long they actually are, however.

Archived