Enhanced Links Moderation

• 2 months later...

Hello,

I bought this plugin but it doesn't work at all.

I created a special group for which I want to restrict links : "Spamers"

I select "Moderated links" and I check "Spamers" group in the list, is it right?

I obtain this behaviour :

- The link button in CKEditor dissapears for all members, even if they are not in "Spamers" group (they still can post a link using copy/paste)

- All posts posted by a "Spamers" members are hidden by default (even if they do not post a link in their message), I get no notification about these messages in moderation panel.

I disabled this plugin, it is unusable at this time.

Please fix it, explain me how it works or refund.

Thank you.

My test:

- Setting:

eR7y3k9.png

5 hours ago, Florent Cadet said:

- The link button in CKEditor dissapears for all members, even if they are not in "Spamers" group (they still can post a link using copy/paste)

Button still appear to ALL other groups. It doesn't appear to MEMBERS:

- Admin:

x87vLSg.png

- Member:

0dvYhjt.png

6 hours ago, Florent Cadet said:

I get no notification about these messages in moderation panel.

2 tests  made:

1. with plugin disabled
  2. with plugin enabled

I received the notification in both:

a3ZwoYZ.png

Queued topic is in the ModCP:

avDsEG9.png

6 hours ago, Florent Cadet said:

- All posts posted by a "Spamers" members are hidden by default (even if they do not post a link in their message),

I can confirm this. Will take a look to fix.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I think this might be a very useful app for me. Link moderation management is highly required in my community.

1. Does it also work in this use case?
    -> "Allow any links apart the links specified" in combination with any of your extra moderation abilities? (so any links except the specified links will work BUT ONLY IF the moderation limits of your app aren't f.e. set to less than 30 days and membergroup = NEW MEMBERS

2. Does the auto-moderation (=hide) also work in personal messages/conversations (PM)? Or even in all IPS community apps?

3. Maybe it would be an advantage, if not only linked-URLs would be managed with this app, but also text-links! I fear as soon as I introduce this plugin, members will create dummy accounts and only post text-links for copy and paste and I require a solution for these ones, too.

Though I love the simplicity of this app, I think a sophisticated link management app could be great.
In such an advanced link management app, these features could be useful (future suggestions):

# a complete whitelist link list (will always work and never be moderated via your app) AND a complete blacklist link list (will never ever work)
# special (admins) notifications/emails if special links are posted
# "mark as spammer" directly (and auto-hide) if special links are posted
# filters for "post-count" and "reaction/reputation-count"

Edited by Cyboman
  • 2 months later...

I found this app useful for almost all communities as I started to see an increased number of users that register only to leave links and never return.

As @NeedCoffee suggested Number of posts till someone is able to post a link is useful because most of the spammers will not make 5 or 10 posts before blasting a link and they will leave while legitimate users will take time to build their profile and post number before placing any links.

Edited by MediaDIGI.com
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I am unable to get this mod to work properly.  I have several different member groups and enabling this mod, even without checking any of the groups makes the link option disappear.  The only way to make the link option to reappear is to select the allow any links option, which defeats the purpose of having the mod. 

9 hours ago, rnorth6920 said:

I am unable to get this mod to work properly.  I have several different member groups and enabling this mod, even without checking any of the groups makes the link option disappear.  The only way to make the link option to reappear is to select the allow any links option, which defeats the purpose of having the mod. 

I’ll make some tests and will update the resource, if necessary. 

• 1 month later...

@Adriano Faria would it be possible to omit links that are being quoted - or have an option to do this? 

I've noticed groups which are being link moderated require approval when they quote someone who posted a link (link is in the quote).  These members aren't posting links, but require mod approval because they are quoting a link when replying.

Edited by Bluto
30 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

I don’t think so, Bluto. A quote is part of the post, so...

I can probably “remove” the quote from the content but then users will notice it and will start to post links only in quotes, which will make the whole thing useless. 

Makes sense.  Though I'd ask to see what you thought.

• 2 months later...

@Adriano Faria 

Had a issue with this plugin I believe.  A member reported that the anchor link wasn't showing up in the editor toolbar so they couldn't set a link for their text. 

I logged into the users account to check and the anchor link wasn't showing up on their editor toolbar.  It was showing for the admin group and other mod groups I setup. 

I first looked at the editor toolbar setting and made sure that the anchor link permissions were set correctly, they were, everyone had access to the anchor link button. 

I then went into Posting > Links and clicked "If a link is posted" from Moderate to Allow and clicked Save.  Once I clicked save page kept loading until I get a cloudflare 522 error.  My server remained offline for several minutes.  I couldn't even login via SSH.  After a few minutes,  I was able to log back into my ACP.  When I checked the setting in Posting > Links, the settings remained the same as if I never switched the link moderate off.

I then went into Plugins and Disabled Enhanced Links Moderation.  Went back into Posting > Links and clicked "If a link is posted" from Moderate to Allow and clicked Save.  It took the save without any delay in processing.

Not sure what is happening.

Not sure if the 522 error I listed above was part of an attack on the VPS provider I was using.  Shortly after the issue, all the VPSs went down because the provider suffered an attack.  So, that might have been the reason the server went offline and not your plugin.

I'm trying to figure out why the anchor link button isn't showing up on the editor toolbar for users who aren't in an elevated group.  I check all the settings and couldn't find anything that would prohibit that anchor link button from showing up - with the exception of the Theme > Editor > Toolbars > Link permissions which I have set to Everyone.

Edited by Bluto
15 hours ago, Bluto said:

Not sure if the 522 error I listed above was part of an attack on the VPS provider I was using.

It doesn't seem to be related to the plugin: https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003011431#522error

15 hours ago, Bluto said:

I'm trying to figure out why the anchor link button isn't showing up on the editor toolbar for users who aren't in an elevated group.  I check all the settings and couldn't find anything that would prohibit that anchor link button from showing up - with the exception of the Theme > Editor > Toolbars > Link permissions which I have set to Everyone.

You mean a button you created in the ACP isn't showing up to people selected in the settings? It shouldn't happen. This plugins works only when a links is posted. No check is made before.

Feel free to send more details via PM so I can try to reproduce.

8 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

It doesn't seem to be related to the plugin: https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003011431#522error

You mean a button you created in the ACP isn't showing up to people selected in the settings? It shouldn't happen. This plugins works only when a links is posted. No check is made before.

Feel free to send more details via PM so I can try to reproduce.

I don't believe it's your plugin as I've removed it and I'm still having the issue.  I've submitted a support ticket to IPS.