Enhanced Links Moderation

Just so that people know.  If links are being moderated, the anchor link button will not appear in the editor toolbar, no matter what the permission settings are.  Below is the support response from Lindy.

This was an intentional engineering decision, however, we recognize it can be confusing. I've made a note to re-evaluate this in a future version. I'm sorry for the confusion. At this time, moderate links must be toggled off in order to show the editor button. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi, I have bought this one, but it doesn't work like I want ;/

I want to set it for:

"Allow any links apart from the links specified"- I have few links that are always moderated even for old users. But I also want to make a rule with plugin to moderate all links when users have under 5 posts to prevent spam. Can I use it somehow like that? Or is it working only for option Allow any links.

1 minute ago, wegorz23 said:

I want to set it for:

"Allow any links apart from the links specified"- I have few links that are always moderated even for old users. But I also want to make a rule with plugin to moderate all links when users have under 5 posts to prevent spam. Can I use it somehow like that? Or is it working only for option Allow any links.

Any link, mate! This extends an existing core feature to add number of content items, number of days as member and days. The core feature works for ANY link.

You should have asked before purchase. This topic is for support and pre-sales questions.

• 1 month later...
On 2/6/2020 at 4:33 AM, wegorz23 said:

I want to set it for:

I was looking for the exact same scenario--basically, have the settings and behavior there regardless of which option is selected in Posting > Links:

• Allow any links
  • Allow any links apart from the links specified
  • Allow only the links specified
Right now, this plugin only works with "Allow any links" and we'd like it to work with Allow only the links specified.

I'm surprised it doesn't work this way. Our use case is to allow internal links (our own URL) and moderate any other URL. We want to allow certain usergroups the ability to post without the moderation.

Can this be added?
  • 5 months later...
On 3/20/2020 at 3:57 AM, Adriano Faria said:

No. It does what it does: extend an existing feature. It doesn’t add a new feature. 

Hi Adriano,

I'm meaning extending the existing feature for when whitelists or blacklists are used as well. Have the same settings you provide work if "all links or moderated" or a whitelist or a blacklist is provided.

Looking at the way you implemented this, I think it's an easy change to look for the other values for ipb_url_filter_option and apply the same logic/expose the same settings.

• 1 year later...

Hi @Adriano Faria 

I install the plugin, but find 2 issue:

1 - You can not setup "0" post as option when choosing a group, it will only take 1 and up, the idea is to nod's the link for first post member as example.

2 - It will hide the topic, not the link, I thought it will hide the link only (and that what I am after actually).

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

1 minute ago, abobader said:

2 - It will hide the topic, not the link, I thought it will hide the link only (and that what I am after actually).

I never said it would hide the link. This extends an existing feature to add 3 new criteria. The default feature put the topic/post under moderation; this plugin doesn’t change that.

Will check the #1.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...