MEMCACHED Server ? and affect on ADSENSE ?

Hi All,

I use IPB 4.1 and installed MEMCACHE on my server.

1) What is the Server address that should be provided ? Is it my Server's IP address and the Port where Memcache is running ? Any other things to be done to make Memcache working ?

MEMCACHED.thumb.png.b5037391687fd8e1f8635812c59cb8fe.png

2) How does MEMCACHE affect Google Ads ? If a page is cached and served to (lets say, 100 people), the Google Ads in that page render properly ? Do they load different Ads for each of those 100 people ? (or) Ads also get cached and same Ad gets displayed for everyone ?

• 6 months later...
5 minutes ago, sammeta said:

Hi,

So the at giving server details is it 127.0.0.1:11211 or my serverip:port where memcachd running?

Holy necropost Batman! (To answer, it's the 2nd, your server IP and port on that server where memcached is running.)

If memcached is on the same server as your forum then use 127.0.0.1:11211 and if you have the memcached on an external server then you can use the server ip.

Also if it is on external server remember to open the port on firewall on both servers ?

12 hours ago, sammeta said:

My mecached is on the same server as my forum. I am giving the 127.0.0.1:11211 but its throwing The servers provided are not valid.

image.png.d8b55e67e89e7fb271a2e6a2e50c6cc4.png

1. Install memcached
2. Install and enable memcached PHP extension

then try either with:

localhost:11211
or
127.0.0.1:11211

If the extension wasn't installed you wouldn't be able to access the form fields that are in the screenshot (because the radio option would be disabled).

Most likely the problem is that the memcached server is not running, or a firewall or similar script is blocking PHP from being able to connect to memcached.

• 6 months later...

Yes, if you are certain the address and port values are correct, the most likely problems then are:

• Firewall may be blocking access to the port
  • DNS may not be translating as you might expect (e.g. I had a client recently advise me to use the public server IP address or hostname, instead of 127.0.0.1/localhost, to access Redis).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/17/2020 at 1:57 AM, AnonymousDev said:

@Jeffrey Roberts I just happened to check out this post while looking something up as my memcached isn't working again, then came across your post.

I also have the same issue with Google Ads. My homepage displays them fine but in the forum I have the intermittent issue.

I am starting to think that Adsense is not displaying ads intermittently because

1) Not enough content on a page

2) Can't read the page properly because it is (re)built with AJAX

3) Some other reason I have still not figured out

On 2/5/2020 at 12:49 AM, Jeffrey Roberts said:

I am starting to think that Adsense is not displaying ads intermittently because

1) Not enough content on a page

2) Can't read the page properly because it is (re)built with AJAX

3) Some other reason I have still not figured out

It seems to be working well on my site at the moment. I have ads displaying fine on pages with very little content. The main page I usually have issues with is the Unread Content page.

Archived