Forum looks different, help!!!

Lenny Warren

Hi there,

I've been neglecting my forum for ages,really because all my members seem to prefer Facebook. :(

Anyway, trying to get back into my forum, upgraded it a few days ago and puzzled why it looks different. At the top of my  forums, in the area where the breadcrumb is, I can't see the text as the background is hiding it. I'm sure this used to be white or light grey before.

I'm trawling tjrough the ACP and can't for the life of me work it out. Any suggestions?

Screen Shot 2017-09-24 at 20.24.06.png

I seem to have called a background image in custom.css, maybe I'm better just changing it back to a default plain colour.

Is there an easy way to do that?

This is my custom.css file, could I just delete all content?

body {
    background: url({resource="background 2.jpg" app="core" location="admin"}) repeat center top scroll #000;  
}
.tthumbimg, .tthumbPreview {
    opacity: 0.2 !important;
}

.ipsDataItem_unread .tthumbimg, .ipsDataItem_unread .tthumbPreview {
    opacity: 1 !important;
}

.nbPinned {
    background: #00595c;
    color: #fff;
    /* font-weight: bold; */
    margin-top: 5px;
}

36 minutes ago, Lenny Warren said:

This is my custom.css file, could I just delete all content?

No, you do not have to do that.

In 4.2, they remove the background for the ID #ipsLayout_contentWrapper.

To add it back, just add this CSS code to your custom CSS file:

#ipsLayout_contentWrapper {
  background-color: {theme="area_background_reset"};
}

If I'm not mistaken, shouldn't the default skin received an update when you upgraded? Unless you had a premium skin set as the default. Ever since IPB 1.3, I've always retained the included IPS theme as a default. Over the years, I've purchased premium forum skins but I've never set a premium skin as the default. That's something that I give my community wide latitude to decide for themselves.

7 hours ago, Rheddy said:

If I'm not mistaken, shouldn't the default skin received an update when you upgraded? Unless you had a premium skin set as the default. Ever since IPB 1.3, I've always retained the included IPS theme as a default. Over the years, I've purchased premium forum skins but I've never set a premium skin as the default. That's something that I give my community wide latitude to decide for themselves.

Only if no changes to template or the css files are not changed in any way (css changes should always be made in the custom.css) then the default theme will get upgraded

Archived