Discord Integration

Ahmad E.

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/11/2017 at 10:25 PM, TG Biggy said:

btw @Ahmad E.

We have one IPB, multiple discord servers (like 10+) for out thousands of members :) From what I understand, current version does not support that?

Hello,

no, unfortunately it does not support that. Only 1 server per install is supported at the moment.

15 hours ago, President Evil said:

question: if a user on the forums has donator group, will the app give them donator when they are in discord? how will the app know who the user is on discord?

Yes, they will receive the group on discord if they have linked their accounts which they can do by signing in through discord or linking it in the account settings.

• 2 weeks later...

So, I encountered this:

Error: Call to undefined method IPS\discord\Api\Member::create() (0)
#0 /home/hgwow/public_html/applications/core/sources/ProfileSync/Discord.php(76): IPS\core\ProfileSync\_Discord->get()
#1 /home/hgwow/public_html/applications/core/sources/ProfileSync/Discord.php(148): IPS\core\ProfileSync\_Discord->user()
#2 /home/hgwow/public_html/dont_touch/nRUqoIlAyz/template_17_6c476385a2a7fac76ac1bb8ed658e957_system.php(7537): IPS\core\ProfileSync\_Discord->name()
#3 /home/hgwow/public_html/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(56): IPS\Theme\Cache\class_core_front_system->settingsOverview(Array, NULL)
#4 /home/hgwow/public_html/applications/core/modules/front/system/settings.php(160): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('settingsOvervie...', Array)
#5 [internal function]: IPS\core\modules\front\system\_settings->_overview()
#6 /home/hgwow/public_html/applications/core/modules/front/system/settings.php(54): call_user_func(Array)
#7 /home/hgwow/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(96): IPS\core\modules\front\system\_settings->manage()
#8 /home/hgwow/public_html/applications/core/modules/front/system/settings.php(34): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#9 /home/hgwow/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(146): IPS\core\modules\front\system\_settings->execute()
#10 /home/hgwow/public_html/index.php(12): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#11 {main}

Backtrace:

#0 /home/hgwow/public_html/init.php(523): IPS\_Log::log('Error: Call to ...', 'uncaught_except...')
#1 [internal function]: IPS\IPS::exceptionHandler(Object(Error))
#2 {main}

After "updating" from 1.2.0 Alpha3 to 1.1.0 Beta4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/6/2018 at 2:27 PM, thebronxbomber said:

Hi there. I'm interested in buying this app....just wondering (or confirming I guess)...this does support signing-in/signing-up via discord? That would be my most sought-after feature--something that would easily get members to get on board with the website. 

keep in mind this is not a 3.4.x application. this would require your site to be on 4.0 or higher.

@Ahmad E. So, any news? Are you still developing this mod? Why is it $60 for something that hasn't been updated in months... Not to mention the support has been sub-par at best. With discord growing, having proper integration is a growing concern and so far your application is the only option, and because you're selling this, no other developer is willing to give it a go. Could you please let us know what your plans are for this application. I am willing to purchase it, but in its current stage $60 is kind of steep...

20 minutes ago, Vianney Gantelmi said:

Yeah, same question. I'm studying the refund option since there is no signal since months... $60 for a non-supported plugin, it's kinda expensive.

For 60... What isn't working that the app says it does? As far as I know the app works as listed. 

As for the version he's working on, there is a different version in the works. Just involves time. It's pretty much a rebuild.

On 14/12/2017 at 6:23 AM, Hamza Sohail said:

How can I make the login on account settings "darker" it is not visible on my light skin theme.

33d2433a13d8b9a50b9d581d4167d04f.png

In your themes custom.css add the following:

.discordSocial {
	background: #2C2F33;
}

Where the number, is a hexadecimal number re-presenting a color: 

http://htmlcolorcodes.com/color-picker/

On 14/12/2017 at 11:58 PM, Taddei Jean-Baptiste said:

Hello everybody

The sync is working on both sides, the bot can post notifications and we also have a group matching on IPS side.
But, we are looking for to configure the IPS users authentification on Discord side.

We get this error message (attached)

IMG_29112017_000419_0.png.e3b7a1a1180d09

Could you please help us ?

Please send me a PM with access to your ACP and FTP.

On 18/12/2017 at 9:32 PM, Taddei Jean-Baptiste said:

Hello @QualeDesigns thanks for your answer but everything is ok, all step are correctly informed

The bot is connect and post notifications but authentication didn't work, I have this error :( and I have not enough time to check the code.

On 02/01/2018 at 12:51 AM, joshua mullenary said:

Hey @Ahmad E., we are having trouble getting the bot to connect in properly with the URI...

IE we cannot get the Authentication part of the Discord Settings complete.

It seems like the sessions are not keeping and it is requiring us to log in again which doesn't allow us to finish the settings.

On 08/01/2018 at 3:58 PM, Vianney Gantelmi said:

Yep it's the point of the application.

But maybe you should wait a little, the author wrote about a rework of the plugin a few months ago and since then, nothing.

Yes, you should wait for now.

12 hours ago, RDxZen said:

@Ahmad E. So, any news? Are you still developing this mod? Why is it $60 for something that hasn't been updated in months... Not to mention the support has been sub-par at best. With discord growing, having proper integration is a growing concern and so far your application is the only option, and because you're selling this, no other developer is willing to give it a go. Could you please let us know what your plans are for this application. I am willing to purchase it, but in its current stage $60 is kind of steep...

As has been said earlier, I am currently working on a rebuild of the application. I will still fix issues (which are not server-related) for this version though.

47 minutes ago, Vianney Gantelmi said:

Yeah, same question. I'm studying the refund option since there is no signal since months... $60 for a non-supported plugin, it's kinda expensive.

If you want a refund, please send me a PM.

I am currently working on the rebuild of this application and on another solution for support requests.
A forum just isn't a good place for these kind of requests (I really tried to avoid getting users to sign-up on another site), which should improve the support time drastically.

I *will* get this up&running by the end of February (at least the application rebuild).

I'm really sorry for all the wait time and the frustration. For now, please PM me any support requests (I will take at least 1 hour every day to answer requests).

Hey there Ahmad, glad to hear you're still working hard on the rebuild.

I have been having the same issues with the Forbidden Exception on certain users. This won't allow their group to be synced with the server and also won't allow the task to run.

Since you have a few people sending you credentials I'll hold off on that. Let me know if progress is made resolving this Exception as I'd love to get our syncing back ASAP.

Thank you!

2 hours ago, pndemc said:

Hey there Ahmad, glad to hear you're still working hard on the rebuild.

I have been having the same issues with the Forbidden Exception on certain users. This won't allow their group to be synced with the server and also won't allow the task to run.

Since you have a few people sending you credentials I'll hold off on that. Let me know if progress is made resolving this Exception as I'd love to get our syncing back ASAP.

Thank you!

Hey,

as of now, nobody who has (had?) this issue responded, so if you want me to take a look please send me your credentials and I will :)

Archived