Discord Integration

Ahmad E.

@Ahmad E. If a user has set their account up to sync their profile picture from Discord, then changes their picture in Discord, their image 404s on the forum because the new image has a different URL. Would it be possible to import the picture into the uploads dir rather than serving it from the Discord CDN, or to periodically check that the image URL hasn't changed?

I'm an alt contact for a site that has purchased this extension, and can provide proof of purchase in a PM if needed.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/11/2018 at 4:12 PM, thebronxbomber said:

Is there anyway to make the application/bot mention a group in Discord (or, if not, are there plans to add this function in the future)? In the attached file, I tried to do so by typing "[at]leadership (specific role in my Discord), etc" but it was not able to mention the group. 

If this would work, this would pretty much "solve" the mobile issue for my users by adding in [at]everyone mentions for news, [at]specific-group mentions for more specific topics, etc.

discordintprob.png

Yo bro; I havent tried this as Im still looking into buying this, but try mentioning the role in Discord. Then edit the message and remove the @ and replace it with \. It will turn the role into the roles ID. Try adding that @<role ID> to the message sent. Thats how Ive fixed some issues regarding @ role calls in other applications and plugins.

==

I got a question as well though, is anyone running this one 4.3 beta 4? I am curious if this still functions wrll on the beta versions.

On 3/28/2018 at 3:07 PM, AltarRS said:

Could somebody here assist with an issue i'm having? Seems to be the same problem others were having with trying to sync the discord owner with IPS. I just don't know how to resolve it and I haven't got a reply from the developer in over two weeks.

Owner can't Sync, simple enough ?

On 6/27/2017 at 8:16 PM, JiigSaaw said:

App seems to work great in IPS 4.2

To hotfix Forbidden Exception catched when app want to edit Owner of Discord Guild (Sync Nicknames enabled):

Replace this condition in GuildMember.php

/** @noinspection PhpUndefinedFieldInspection */
if ( \IPS\Settings::i()->discord_sync_names )
{
	$data['nick'] = $member->name;
}

By this:

if ( \IPS\Settings::i()->discord_sync_names && $member->name !== 'JigSaw' )
{
	$data['nick'] = $member->name;
}

Just change nickname, use the display name of your guild owner, on your IPS instance.

Won't fix the issue, but hides the error.

4 hours ago, Vanucci said:

has this been abandoned ? 6 months since any update 

I can't officially speak on the abandonment status... but the github has been quiet as well for both production and development channels.

As for 4.3 readiness, I wouldn't update to 4.3 if Discord is a must. Or install Discord if upgrading to 4.3 is a must. *Currently until app is updated to fully support 4.3

On 4/16/2018 at 11:23 AM, Vianney Gantelmi said:

I'm waiting too and didn't renew my subscription. It's kinda sad that it's the only Discord integration plugin. It never worked perfectly for me and since I'll upgrade to 4.3 very soon I won't try to use it before the 4.3 support is live.

Hi, everyone is a mess because I have version 4.3.0 to synchronize everything wrong does not work the roles the worst comes when you eliminate this half the users are left with a critical error for example you can not give them roles from the panel admin to those members or block them nothing comes an error that made me not trust more until you see that everything is correct because if my community comes out on TV I do not want to lose hundreds of thousands of users on my website.

This is from my part also we have sent several messages and emails to the developer nothing or a single answer we give that this holiday or bad I do not understand.

hopefully soon return greetings from Spain;)

29 minutes ago, Kuma said:

Great, now I'll have to wait 2 years before I can update to 4.3...

Yes, there will probably be a long time to wait for it = / unless someone else takes on development of a Discord Application for IPB. I'd say there's definitely enough of a demand, just need to find someone willing to do it and then have enough of us willing to put some cash forward for the initial development. 

31 minutes ago, ADKGamers said:

Yes, there will probably be a long time to wait for it = / unless someone else takes on development of a Discord Application for IPB. I'd say there's definitely enough of a demand, just need to find someone willing to do it and then have enough of us willing to put some cash forward for the initial development. 

Paging Dr. @Aiwa

On 4/26/2018 at 10:21 PM, Kuma said:

Is this compatible with 4.3?

works for me on 4.3.1 

However things to keep in mind, I have the copy from when ahmed had it opensource on github and it was optional to either use that with no support or purchase for $30 with support. 

ea660adc1e04583cd09ebe1a2ed98939.png

2f4de3d67f42e63470702064950e665d.png

3 hours ago, Vanucci said:

works for me on 4.3.1 

However things to keep in mind, I have the copy from when ahmed had it opensource on github and it was optional to either use that with no support or purchase for $30 with support. 

Because you were pre-existing add-on.

7 hours ago, Vanucci said:

works for me on 4.3.1 

How did you get it working? I have yet to upgrade to 4.3.1 and I don't want it to break on me.

4 minutes ago, Kuma said:

How did you get it working? I have yet to upgrade to 4.3.1 and I don't want it to break on me.

I have a fresh install of 4.29 and just installed as per. Did the 4.3 upgrade and it continued to work. I don’t use the role sync so I can’t really comment on that. 

I did no edits to anything. I’m not sure if anything after the github version was removed has been changed that has caused there to be a conflict. 

Ah, I read in a previous post that someone has issues with their users being unable to link/sign in with Discord. I do use role sync which is reliant on that. Not having role sync would be a huge headache unfortunately.

The reason for this from what I'm hearing is due to the way login handlers were changed.

On 4.3.1 here and getting error on forum post submission:

IPS\discord\Api\Exception\BadRequestException:  (0)
#0 /home/mysite/public_html/community/applications/discord/sources/Api/AbstractResponse.php(64): IPS\discord\Api\_AbstractResponse->throwException(400)
#1 /home/mysite/public_html/community/applications/discord/sources/Api/Channel.php(78): IPS\discord\Api\_AbstractResponse->handleApi()
#2 /home/mysite/public_html/community/applications/discord/sources/Api/Channel.php(32): IPS\discord\Api\_Channel->post('New Staff Idea/...', '364822006895476...')
#3 /home/mysite/public_html/community/init.php(458) : eval()'d code(27): IPS\discord\Api\_Channel->postContentItem(Object(IPS\forums\Topic))
#4 [internal function]: IPS\forums\discord_hook_topic->processAfterCreate(Object(IPS\forums\Topic\Post), Array)
#5 /home/mysite/public_html/community/init.php(458) : eval()'d code(17): call_user_func_array('parent::process...', Array)
#6 /home/mysite/public_html/community/system/Content/Item.php(369): IPS\forums\membersshop_hook_TopicHook->processAfterCreate(Object(IPS\forums\Topic\Post), Array)
#7 /home/mysite/public_html/community/system/Content/Item.php(85): IPS\Content\_Item::createFromForm(Array, Object(IPS\forums\Forum))
#8 /home/mysite/public_html/community/applications/forums/modules/front/forums/forums.php(465): IPS\Content\_Item::create(Object(IPS\forums\Forum))
#9 /home/mysite/public_html/community/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): IPS\forums\modules\front\forums\_forums->add()
#10 /home/mysite/public_html/community/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(146): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#11 /home/mysite/public_html/community/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#12 {main}

Archived