Discord Integration

Ahmad E.

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/7/2018 at 1:47 AM, Josiah Wallingford said:

On 4.3.1 here and getting error on forum post submission:

IPS\discord\Api\Exception\BadRequestException:  (0)
#0 /home/mysite/public_html/community/applications/discord/sources/Api/AbstractResponse.php(64): IPS\discord\Api\_AbstractResponse->throwException(400)
#1 /home/mysite/public_html/community/applications/discord/sources/Api/Channel.php(78): IPS\discord\Api\_AbstractResponse->handleApi()
#2 /home/mysite/public_html/community/applications/discord/sources/Api/Channel.php(32): IPS\discord\Api\_Channel->post('New Staff Idea/...', '364822006895476...')
#3 /home/mysite/public_html/community/init.php(458) : eval()'d code(27): IPS\discord\Api\_Channel->postContentItem(Object(IPS\forums\Topic))
#4 [internal function]: IPS\forums\discord_hook_topic->processAfterCreate(Object(IPS\forums\Topic\Post), Array)
#5 /home/mysite/public_html/community/init.php(458) : eval()'d code(17): call_user_func_array('parent::process...', Array)
#6 /home/mysite/public_html/community/system/Content/Item.php(369): IPS\forums\membersshop_hook_TopicHook->processAfterCreate(Object(IPS\forums\Topic\Post), Array)
#7 /home/mysite/public_html/community/system/Content/Item.php(85): IPS\Content\_Item::createFromForm(Array, Object(IPS\forums\Forum))
#8 /home/mysite/public_html/community/applications/forums/modules/front/forums/forums.php(465): IPS\Content\_Item::create(Object(IPS\forums\Forum))
#9 /home/mysite/public_html/community/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): IPS\forums\modules\front\forums\_forums->add()
#10 /home/mysite/public_html/community/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(146): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#11 /home/mysite/public_html/community/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#12 {main}

47 minutes ago, Fighting 13th said:

Does that mean this app worked for you other than the role-syncing portion?

No, see above. 

For me it is working too, because it was installed before, but people can't merge their accounts with discord accounts anymore, so it won't allow any more users to be synchronized between discord and forums. It works only for current users, and it is sending info from forums to selected discord channel. That's all.

16 minutes ago, theqkash said:

For me it is working too, because it was installed before, but people can't merge their accounts with discord accounts anymore, so it won't allow any more users to be synchronized between discord and forums. It works only for current users, and it is sending info from forums to selected discord channel. That's all.

That means it doesn't work.

16 hours ago, vexcode said:

That means it doesn't work.

Well, partially it is. If you want just to share info about new posts on your forum into discord, it is working great. 

But still, I'm waiting for anything new here to replace this one.

4 minutes ago, AyumiShinozaki said:

unless the dev team is updating the discord?

i am getting all same issue as you guys are getting now

At this time, this application will probably not be updated for sometime so you will experience issues on 4.3.   Ahmad has not been online since March 24th.  

Anyone interested in a new Discord Application I would recommend following this topic, especially based on @Fosters most recent reply. ?

36 minutes ago, AyumiShinozaki said:

did someone contact him about it?

There's been plenty of people who have contacted him.  I'm not sure if you've gone back and read this topic at all, but he's been pretty much MIA for longer than the date I provided previously.  The last update for the application was in October of 2017. 

As mentioned previously it'd be best to follow that topic that I linked if you haven't already and also show your support for a new application there. Unless Ahmad comes out of left field as is consistently active and updating this application for months to come, I think more people would rather pay for a new Discord Application from a reputable developer who is active an updating their applications than use this current plugin. 

4 hours ago, ADKGamers said:

There's been plenty of people who have contacted him.  I'm not sure if you've gone back and read this topic at all, but he's been pretty much MIA for longer than the date I provided previously.  The last update for the application was in October of 2017. 

As mentioned previously it'd be best to follow that topic that I linked if you haven't already and also show your support for a new application there. Unless Ahmad comes out of left field as is consistently active and updating this application for months to come, I think more people would rather pay for a new Discord Application from a reputable developer who is active an updating their applications than use this current plugin. 

Hello,

I don't have access to said topic. What is it about ? Thanks !

8 hours ago, Vianney Gantelmi said:

Hello,

I don't have access to said topic. What is it about ? Thanks !

What's the error message that you're getting when you visit this topic? 

Is there anyone else who can't see that topic? 

And Fosters said to expect something this weekend. 

56 minutes ago, Drakior said:

It's waiting to get approved for the marketplace.

Has Fosters released a features list anywhere?  All I really need is IPS - Discord role synchornization! 

On 5/24/2018 at 8:48 PM, Fosters said:

First version is going to provide only oauth login (and it's going to be sold for only 10$ early adopter price)  so that people can finally use this feature again. And then we'll include the bot features which we're already working on in an later release once we tested everything and once we finished the GUI for this stuff.

All I can say is: No matter if you want to see new content, new registrations, commerce data, downloads submissions, application form data, trophy promotions, IPS errors in discord, you'll be able to do it;)

7 hours ago, Josiah Wallingford said:

I believe @Fosters is working on his own version of a discord integration. He just put out the first application in a possible series:

If you're looking for login only, anyone could do this without installing anything. Which is all this app appears to do. Basically takes most of the guess work out for you, just plug API keys in and go.

What it was hyped up to be was full featured connection like ahmads with groups, calendar, forums pushing to discord.

15 minutes ago, MADMAN32395 said:

If you're looking for login only, anyone could do this without installing anything. Which is all this app appears to do. Basically takes most of the guess work out for you, just plug API keys in and go.

What it was hyped up to be was full featured connection like ahmads with groups, calendar, forums pushing to discord.

Yes, and by releasing this simple app first he is able to gauge the interest in that fully featured application or multiple applications that would cover those features. It was a smart move on his part to see how much of his time it is worth to develop the more complicated application(s).

It's what I would do anyway. Maybe I am putting words into @Fosters mouth though and I don't mean to do that.

I hope that it has gotten the support he was looking for and will put in the work for the other applications with the features you are looking for.

On 5/30/2018 at 8:38 AM, Drakior said:

It's waiting to get approved for the marketplace.

Has Fosters released a features list anywhere?  All I really need is IPS - Discord role synchornization! 

All that application does is allow users to login / register an account on IPS with a users discord credentials. It is a simple application and works very well for what it does. 

You have probably figured that out by now, sorry for the delayed response. I am just now seeing your message here with the question.

I believe fosters is working on the role synchronization, but you would have to ask him to be certain.

18 hours ago, Vianney Gantelmi said:

Hey, thank you !

I hope that you won't have any issues using some code which was on sell a few months ago.

Regarding your update, are all features working now ?

The license of the code is under the GNU, so yes anyone can use and modify it. https://github.com/thejhnz/Discord-IPS-Plugin/blob/master/LICENSE

The role syncing and login seems to be working fine. There is an issue with removing a connection to discord though, but I am working on that.

Archived