Discord Integration

Ahmad E.

I get this under my profile Account Settings after attempting to link my Discord account.

System error log:

IPS\discord\Api\Exception\ForbiddenException:  (0)
#0 /home/public_html/forum/applications/discord/sources/Api/AbstractResponse.php(64): IPS\discord\Api\_AbstractResponse->throwException(403)
#1 /home/public_html/forum/applications/discord/sources/Api/GuildMember.php(57): IPS\discord\Api\_AbstractResponse->handleApi()
#2 /home/public_html/forum/system/Login/Discord.php(108): IPS\discord\Api\_GuildMember->update(Object(IPS\Member))
#3 /home/public_html/forum/applications/core/modules/front/system/settings.php(1162): IPS\Login\_Discord->authenticate(Object(IPS\Http\Url\Friendly), Object(IPS\Member))
#4 [internal function]: IPS\core\modules\front\system\_settings->_profilesync()
#5 /home/public_html/forum/applications/core/modules/front/system/settings.php(54): call_user_func(Array)
#6 /home/public_html/forum/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(96): IPS\core\modules\front\system\_settings->manage()
#7 /home/public_html/forum/applications/core/modules/front/system/settings.php(34): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#8 /home/public_html/forum/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(146): IPS\core\modules\front\system\_settings->execute()
#9 /home/public_html/forum/index.php(12): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#10 {main}

Backtrace:

#0 /home/public_html/forum/init.php(523): IPS\_Log::log('IPS\\discord\\Api...', 'uncaught_except...')
#1 [internal function]: IPS\IPS::exceptionHandler(Object(IPS\discord\Api\Exception\ForbiddenException))
#2 {main}

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, Julien Costes said:

For security I can not give these IDs. =/

I am in version 4.2.2
In your opinion, where does the error come from?

The first error, is likely to be some whitespace perhaps? Make sure you entered both URLs exactly how they are displayed (without any whitespace).

The second error, seems like something went wrong during installation, I cannot give you more information about that one though. I really would have to debug this on your site directly. Maybe a re-installation will suffice.

33 minutes ago, Drakior said:

I get this under my profile Account Settings after attempting to link my Discord account.

System error log:

#0 /home/public_html/forum/applications/discord/sources/Api/AbstractResponse.php(64): IPS\discord\Api\_AbstractResponse->throwException(403)
#1 /home/public_html/forum/applications/discord/sources/Api/GuildMember.php(57): IPS\discord\Api\_AbstractResponse->handleApi()
#2 /home/public_html/forum/system/Login/Discord.php(108): IPS\discord\Api\_GuildMember->update(Object(IPS\Member))
#3 /home/public_html/forum/applications/core/modules/front/system/settings.php(1162): IPS\Login\_Discord->authenticate(Object(IPS\Http\Url\Friendly), Object(IPS\Member))
#5 /home/public_html/forum/applications/core/modules/front/system/settings.php(54): call_user_func(Array)
#6 /home/public_html/forum/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(96): IPS\core\modules\front\system\_settings->manage()
#7 /home/public_html/forum/applications/core/modules/front/system/settings.php(34): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#8 /home/public_html/forum/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(146): IPS\core\modules\front\system\_settings->execute()
#9 /home/public_html/forum/index.php(12): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#10 {main}

Backtrace:

#0 /home/public_html/forum/init.php(523): IPS\_Log::log('IPS\\discord\\Api...', 'uncaught_except...')
#1 [internal function]: IPS\IPS::exceptionHandler(Object(IPS\discord\Api\Exception\ForbiddenException))
#2 {main}

Are you trying to link the discord owner? You cannot do that because the Bot will never have permissions to edit the owner. Also make sure to move the bot role to the top of the role list in discord (read the docs if you haven't done that).

2 hours ago, Ahmad E. said:

Are you trying to link the discord owner? You cannot do that because the Bot will never have permissions to edit the owner. Also make sure to move the bot role to the top of the role list in discord (read the docs if you haven't done that).

Thanks, yes, I didn't realize you can't link the owner account for that reason, and it was not mentioned in the documentation.

• 2 weeks later...

When I try to link discord to my account in Account Settings I got this error (I am guessing it is because I am an administrator on both):

IPS\discord\Api\Exception\ForbiddenException:  (0)
#0 /applications/discord/sources/Api/AbstractResponse.php(64): IPS\discord\Api\_AbstractResponse->throwException(403)
#1 /applications/discord/sources/Api/GuildMember.php(57): IPS\discord\Api\_AbstractResponse->handleApi()
#2 /system/Login/Discord.php(108): IPS\discord\Api\_GuildMember->update(Object(IPS\Member))
#3 /applications/core/modules/front/system/settings.php(1162): IPS\Login\_Discord->authenticate(Object(IPS\Http\Url\Friendly), Object(IPS\Member))
#5 /applications/core/modules/front/system/settings.php(54): call_user_func(Array)
#6 /system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(96): IPS\core\modules\front\system\_settings->manage()
#7 /applications/core/modules/front/system/settings.php(34): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#8 /system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(146): IPS\core\modules\front\system\_settings->execute()
#9 /index.php(12): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#10 {main}

Now, when I try to go to Account Settings I get the following error message and don't know how to disassociate myself with Discord:

IPS\discord\Api\Exception\ForbiddenException:  (0)
#0 /applications/discord/sources/Api/AbstractResponse.php(64): IPS\discord\Api\_AbstractResponse->throwException(403)
#1 /applications/discord/sources/Api/GuildMember.php(57): IPS\discord\Api\_AbstractResponse->handleApi()
#2 /applications/core/sources/ProfileSync/Discord.php(63): IPS\discord\Api\_GuildMember->update(Object(IPS\Member))
#3 /applications/core/sources/ProfileSync/Discord.php(128): IPS\core\ProfileSync\_Discord->user()
#4 /system/Theme/Theme.php(809) : eval()'d code(7518): IPS\core\ProfileSync\_Discord->name()
#5 /system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(56): IPS\Theme\class_core_front_system->settingsOverview(Array, NULL)
#6 /applications/core/modules/front/system/settings.php(160): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('settingsOvervie...', Array)
#7 [internal function]: IPS\core\modules\front\system\_settings->_overview()
#8 /applications/core/modules/front/system/settings.php(54): call_user_func(Array)
#9 /system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(96): IPS\core\modules\front\system\_settings->manage()
#10 /applications/core/modules/front/system/settings.php(34): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#11 /system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(146): IPS\core\modules\front\system\_settings->execute()
#12 /community/index.php(12): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#13 {main}

So at this juncture I've discovered that updating to 4.2 reset a lot of settings for the discord bot. I modified those settings to what they were originally and the bot is working. The only problem I have now is that discord login button still results in:

Sorry, there is a problem
Something went wrong. Please try again.
Error code: EX0

I haven't bought this just yet, but have a question.

The site i am running does not have a discord server, but some of the users have teamed up to create clubs that do use it.
Would this support clubs to integrate their own discord into their own club, or is it meant to only run with the official site discord server?

5 hours ago, Aaron Figueroa said:

@Ahmad E. we paid for your product. We are not getting support. This is problematic for us. Please rectify this situation. 

While the frustration is definitely warranted, he has said that he's been having some RL stuff that has caused him to not be as active. 

It's always recommended to check last update of the app as well as the support on the forums before purchase, so I hope you haven't purchased in the past few weeks. :(

None the less I do hope that he comes around to continue developing this app and/or another developer who is active starts creating a new Discord app so that we can have consistent updates and support. 

12 hours ago, Vianney Gantelmi said:

I hope so too... was ready to buy this app but held off seeing that the author was pretty absent. Waiting for some news from him ! :)

The discord bot works fine. It's the logging in with discord that's the issue. If a user doesn't login with discord then it will not sync their groups as tags on their discord profile. 

As an update. I noticed today when I logged in to admincp the following message:

Maintenance tasks
The following tasks appear to be locking frequently: profilesync.
Please run them manually. If you require assistance with any errors shown please contact technical support.

So I decided to look into it by navigating to tasks and finding "profilesync" and running it manually as the message above suggested, which produced the following error message:

EX0 Something went wrong. Please try again.

This is the exact same message that occurs when you attempt to login through discord on our IPB. Running it gave the following code:

#0 /var/www/html/r277771/applications/discord/sources/Api/AbstractResponse.php(64): IPS\discord\Api\_AbstractResponse->throwException(403)
#1 /var/www/html/r277771/applications/discord/sources/Api/GuildMember.php(57): IPS\discord\Api\_AbstractResponse->handleApi()
#2 /var/www/html/r277771/applications/core/sources/ProfileSync/Discord.php(63): IPS\discord\Api\_GuildMember->update(Object(IPS\Member))
#3 /var/www/html/r277771/applications/core/sources/ProfileSync/Discord.php(106): IPS\core\ProfileSync\_Discord->user()
#4 /var/www/html/r277771/applications/core/sources/ProfileSync/ProfileSyncAbstract.php(243): IPS\core\ProfileSync\_Discord->photo()
#5 /var/www/html/r277771/applications/core/tasks/profilesync.php(48): IPS\core\ProfileSync\_ProfileSyncAbstract->sync()
#6 /var/www/html/r277771/system/Task/Task.php(248): IPS\core\tasks\_profilesync->execute()
#7 /var/www/html/r277771/applications/core/modules/admin/settings/advanced.php(591): IPS\_Task->run()
#8 /var/www/html/r277771/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): IPS\core\modules\admin\settings\_advanced->runTask()
#9 /var/www/html/r277771/applications/core/modules/admin/settings/advanced.php(34): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#10 /var/www/html/r277771/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(146): IPS\core\modules\admin\settings\_advanced->execute()
#11 /var/www/html/r277771/admin/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#12 {main}

Would this information possibly indicate anything I can do on my part to fix this? Anyone happen to have any insight?

09/13/2017 Update: This is the response from IPB support in regards to the code above:

It appears to be an issue with syncing a specific profile on Discord. I would reach out to the site author to get his help on trapping the specific response from his code. Based on your error, it would appear syncing your community member with their discord is failing. From my limited understanding of the integration, this can happen when the discord account has higher permissions than the bot you've assigned. Again, you would unfortunately need to either disable the modification or work with the author for specific error trapping and resolution. 

09/14/2017 Update: I've tried kicking the old bot, deleting the bot app, building a new one and adding it to no avail. Still same Error Code EXO

Archived