Discord Integration

Ahmad E.

On 10/5/2018 at 5:50 PM, Vianney Gantelmi said:

Ok, so there is no way to allow access to the Discord server only to the board's registered members ?

Cheers.

You could set it up so that by default members only have access to a "Welcome" channel where you instruct them to link their accounts. And once they're linked, they get access to the rest of the discord server by upgrading their group to "Registered member" or something similar 🙂

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/6/2018 at 6:59 PM, Ahmad E. said:

You could set it up so that by default members only have access to a "Welcome" channel where you instruct them to link their accounts. And once they're linked, they get access to the rest of the discord server by upgrading their group to "Registered member" or something similar 🙂

Oh yeah, nice !

Thanks.

This is honestly just a joke at this point, developer charges out the ass for this and goes completely dark, only to return with false promises and disappear again. 

Dev clearly doesn't care at all about this and as far as I'm concerned is stealing peoples money at this point. I understand people have other obligations and things to deal with but if this is unable to be worked on then it needs to be shut down or made free. Enough of this nonsense. 

I sent Ahmad a private message for support on March 15th 2018 for support on an issue with the bot when the "Owner" syncs themselves to the discord integration basically everything breaks. This has been mentioned on this thread and since then users have found workarounds to this problem. I got a reply on August 26th asking if I was "still experiencing this issue". At that point the plugin wasn't even supported for 4.3 making his incredibly late support response irrelevant and useless. I obviously moved on at that point. Jacking the price up to 60 dollars with a 30 dollar renew price to "cut down on support requests" is ridiculous if you don't support anyone anyways.

I strongly recommend people look elsewhere as there are other plugins for this purpose that are significantly cheaper and that aren't run by crooks. A site admin should look into this so other people don't get scammed. 

I don't care how busy you are it's not hard to update a thread on a website so everyone isn't left in the dark.

TLDR: Stay far away from this plugin and I'm looking for a refund.

10 hours ago, AltarRS said:

issue with the bot when the "Owner" syncs themselves to the discord integration basically everything breaks.

that is by design from discord for nicknames. I've said that when the issues were hosted on github.
As for role syncing, that should work fine as long as the bot's role is highest on the list (even above owner's role).

A site admin should look into this so other people don't get scammed. 

They have and listed it as 'This file is not currently available for purchase.' Leaving it unavailable for new purchases. I am unsure if @Ahmad E. is aware of this status as this is not displayed to the publisher.

that aren't run by crooks

namecalling really? 

At that point the plugin wasn't even supported for 4.3 making his incredibly late support response irrelevant and useless.

Depending on what you are referring to... the private github repo I post issues to after testing from issues listed here, last update was 2 months ago which is for 4.3 compat,,, but has issues, which is why it is delayed.

6 hours ago, MADMAN32395 said:

namecalling really? 

Can you seriously blame him for saying what he said, can you blame anyone who purchased this plugin/application for being angry, given the yoyo type of behaviour displayed by the developer?

$60 to buy the product, then $60 per year for the license is a LOT of money to pay someone who does disappearing acts, who promises to release something one weekend then vanishes with no word when and if the product will ever be released or updated.

So instead of calling out @AltarRS for his "name calling", how about you call out @Ahmad E. for being terrible to his customers.

Archived