Discord Integration

Ahmad E.

Hello, 

I've tested the GitHub version on a test server, everything went perfect. We were happy and so tried to sync our community with our server.
Result : not working anymore. 
We tried to uninstall the plugin and reinstall it. Nothing worked. 
We tried it back on the test server, does not work either. 

So we went here and bought the app to get the instructions. Nothing in it that we didn't do. 
So now I ask your help to configure your app because we'd love to make it work on our community.

Sorry if I sound harsh my English is a little bit rusty. 

--> the error that we get are : 

- when we ask the bot to publish an event on the channel -> error 
- when we try to sync an existing user with discord -> error 

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, JiigSaaw said:

I think the GitHub repo is not updated with last info

I did the update. I'm able to sync the discord account with the community but still not able to get notification from the bot on an event creation. 

1 hour ago, ADKGamers said:

The bot doesn't normally show as online within Discord, but there should be sections within each forum in the ACP to allow you change posting settings for Discord. 

He's not and there are no other settings other than the URI for the bot, which I've done.

1 hour ago, Sentaï said:

The thing is, I managed to get the bot connected but he can't post any message on discord. That's my problem.

Same.

On 7/16/2017 at 6:38 PM, Adam Spencer said:

We've got all the permissions setup and it's still not posting or assigning permissions.  At this point, I'm lost as to what to do.

would you like some help? I don't check this thread all that often, and Ahmad closes out any support type questions on the github.

On 7/15/2017 at 3:28 PM, ADKGamers said:

The bot doesn't normally show as online within Discord

That's normal; if you press Handshake where you enter the API key it should appear online briefly.

58 minutes ago, MADMAN32395 said:

would you like some help? I don't check this thread all that often, and Ahmad closes out any support type questions on the github.

@Adam Spencer - when he provides some support it's decent support, unfortunately he's not been very active recently to provide support. So it's been tough to troubleshoot unless it's support from folks like Madman.  I'm currently in the dark waiting to find out what's going on with my issue. :( lol 

Madman, if you're offering some help, I'll be glad to get some.

I installed the application (the one I've bought) and I'm able to sync the usernames from IPB > Discord.
But, I'm unable to use the bot to post news about "new content" or "new event" from the calendar. 
Everytime I create a new event, there's an error page, the event is created but no message from the bot on Discord.

Sorry guys, I'm really busy these days and cannot get enough time to work on such stuff.

The good news is, I'm taking off starting next week wednesday, so you'll see the plugins getting some love at that time again. :)

Everyone who has Problems in the meantime, please add me on Discord Ahmad#3905.

10 hours ago, MADMAN32395 said:

I don't check this thread all that often, and Ahmad closes out any support type questions on the github.

I'll most likely change that, so that github becomes p2p support, and officially provide support through PM/Discord.

19 hours ago, MADMAN32395 said:

what's your issue?

The areas within each individual forum where you can determine the text channel it'll post new topics to was broken and looks like what the screenshot shows. Ahmad is taking a look and thinks it might be PHP 7 causing the problem? 

3554620285498330f5d86f42ce66e203.png

So is anyone else running on PHP 7 and having any issues? 

14 hours ago, MADMAN32395 said:

im on php7.0.20 and using the current release from github, without an issue. 

kinda wish that github would update as well.

I'm on 7.1, not sure if that'd make the difference.  Should have an answer today, so I'll keep you updated. 

On 19/07/2017 at 4:58 PM, ADKGamers said:

I'm on 7.1, not sure if that'd make the difference.  Should have an answer today, so I'll keep you updated. 

I used 7.1 with no issues, im on ips version 4.2.1now and currently it does post. ( github repo)

On 18/07/2017 at 9:32 AM, Sentaï said:

Madman, if you're offering some help, I'll be glad to get some.

I installed the application (the one I've bought) and I'm able to sync the usernames from IPB > Discord.
But, I'm unable to use the bot to post news about "new content" or "new event" from the calendar. 
Everytime I create a new event, there's an error page, the event is created but no message from the bot on Discord.

Not sure if Events works with this, I asked a while back for blogs too. 
Be great if it worked on any kind of topic created, especially applications 

Archived