Any way to include an IP.Board Unsubscribe link in an email?

willadamskeane

I'm interested in using Mailchimp to send a newsletter to my community. However, I'd like to keep the Unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email tied to IP.Board rather than using Mailchimp's own unsubscribe function. Is there any standard way to create this link using fields in the DB, or must it be generated by IP.Board's own bulk mail function?

• 2 months later...
On 8/18/2016 at 5:58 PM, willadamskeane said:

… or must it be generated by IP.Board's own bulk mail function?

I think so, since it’s a custom URL for each user. And it has to be or people could unsubscribe other users. 

So I wouldn’t know how you could generate that easily from Mailchimp. The only thing you can do is link to the settings page where people could unsubscribe manually. https://invisionpower.com/notifications/options/

2 hours ago, MADMAN32395 said:

I thought the unsubscribe link is included on all email sent by the suite. Why would you need to manually place the link?

They want to send campaign emails with MailChimp rather than IPS.

Back to OP, you would need to export the member data to a merge tag then create that unsub link through that.

On 11/7/2016 at 9:36 PM, MADMAN32395 said:

I thought the unsubscribe link is included on all email sent by the suite. Why would you need to manually place the link?

22 hours ago, Jim M said:

They want to send campaign emails with MailChimp rather than IPS.

Back to OP, you would need to export the member data to a merge tag then create that unsub link through that.

we don't have unsubscribe option at bottom of emails sent by the IPS suite... should that be on there? If so, how do we include??

1 hour ago, MattLx said:

we don't have unsubscribe option at bottom of emails sent by the IPS suite... should that be on there? If so, how do we include??

If you're running version 4 it should be there by default. If not submit a ticket and we'll help you out ;)

Archived