Generic Moderator for Warnings

About This File

This plugin will preserve the identity of your moderators by using a generic user as the author of warnings.

Notes:

• Only moderators with permission Can issue warnings? can view the real moderator on warning details
  • Warned members won't be aware of the real moderator who issued the warning: the user won't see the real moderator on warning details or on received email
  • The generic moderator does not have to be a moderator; you can choose a regular member
  • Real moderators will be back on plugin uninstall

Edited by Adriano Faria
  • 1 year later...
3 hours ago, Hezeber said:

Much appreciated! When I reloaded the page I noticed it actually did "install" despite the warning and I was able to specify a generic moderator name, but the real moderator's name still appears on the warning.

Just tested and works fine on 4.2.4:

I had a report like that before like that (from @Angel Costa)... it was just uninstall and reinstall and it worked fine. Not sure what happened there.

Please, try again.

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Thank you, Adriano, that would be great indeed. We can wait. With all the stuff we have to upgrade we will be busy for a bit anyway :). The only reason for asking is that we found that some add-ons, which were fine with 4.3.4, no longer work with 4.3.5.

Kind regards, Wim

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I was thinking that sometimes the moderator, before a warning, even writes on the topic as a pre-warning.
It would be very efficient if the moderators could also choose to comment with the name of the "Fake moderator".
Maybe with a drop-down menu in the reply window.

• 1 year later...
11 minutes ago, OhSoRy said:

I recently purchased and installed this on my site but it doesn't appear to be working. I viewed a profile as a member and it still showed which moderator issued a warning,

It shows the real moderator for ADMINISTRATORS and MODERATORS. For users without mod powers, will show the "fake" moderator. It works peferectly fine:

Make sure you have selected a different user in the plugin settings.

12 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

It shows the real moderator for ADMINISTRATORS and MODERATORS. For users without mod powers, will show the "fake" moderator. It works peferectly fine:

Make sure you have selected a different user in the plugin settings.

Okay. Thank you for that useful video. I realized the generic moderator only shows up for new warnings, not old ones. Is there any way to have it be retro actively applied?

Edited by OhSoRy